Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Finally Making It Ours

So, since I shared just about every step in our process to buy our house, why not share just about every step in moving into our house? I know, you've just fallen onto your knees in JOY and HAPPINESS. I'm just a generous sort of person like that.

Well, Saturday we changed the locks and got our new doorknobs. They are very beautiful, by the way. Josh had to work that night and Millie had a fever, so that was all we got to do that day. Then on Sunday I spent five hours of my Mother's Day washing walls. The previous tenants' daughter was named Skye and she's six. I know this because she wrote her name and and age on the walls. Along with lots of other artwork. I swear that mother had better have had a good Mother's Day since I was left cleaning her kids' junk off the walls.

Luckily, today we painted over most of what I couldn't scrub off. We began yesterday and we'll be working a lot tomorrow as well. I'll post pictures when I can.

And, I swear, if any of my kids ever write on the walls, I'll do something. I don't know what, but something.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I bet it feels good to be getting so much accomplished! Can't wait to see it!

Oh, and I wish the previous owner mom had a semi okay mothers day. Just for you!

Tara Dawn said...

I am going to try to visit you today and see your amazing progress!

Mrs. Bennett said...

I can't wait for pictures, way to go you. I know it stinks to work like that on Mother's day - but that's one day closer to having it all done. AWESOME!