Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Bloggest Loser -- Week Four

Last week's weigh-in saw two winners: Cindy lost 2.45% with the birth of little Tommy. I love you, Cindy, but ya kinda cheated. Tara came in second with a loss of 1.72%. There wasn't a secret baby born with that, was there?

So, go ahead and calculate to see how you did this week.

I don't know why I'm hosting this competition. I keep sucking. No loss this week. I'm at a Goose Egg for the second time in four weeks. At least I didn't gain again. As I sat there painting this week I thought to myself, "Why am I expecting myself to lose weight when I don't have time to exercise or make healthy food?" This suuuuuuuucks. If I can finish the painting soon (like tomorrow) then I can get back on track and kick everyone's butts. Make way for the Come Back Kid!! You know, if I just literally ran to Home Depot every time I need something from there, I'd be completing a marathon with each errand. I'd get nothing done at the house since I'd be gone for most of the day, but I'd get my run in.

We've got our Final Four on The Biggest Loser. Any complaints? I'm good with it. Like I said before, I really am rooting for Daris, but he doesn't have much left to lose. I'd also like to see what Michael can do during this last bit of competition. I can't imagine losing 200 lbs and still being obese. I just want to see him succeed. And I'm looking forward to seeing how much Shay will win during the season finale. Remember that last season she was told she'd get $1000 for every pound lost between last season's finale and this season's. And according to the previews for this week's episode, someone comes back to the ranch from their month at home and gains 2 lbs. Who could it be?????

Now tell me. What was your weight loss percentage? Any good news this week? Any challenges you need to vent about? As Frasier Crane would say, "I'm listening..." (Yes, I know I'm a dork.)

5 comments:

Carina said...

Shelly, I am so proud of you. You did Awesome! Did you know painting is exercise? If I was in your situation I am sure I would have gained. So you should feel happy that you are able to maintain under stressful circumstances.

Who-hoo! My number was much better this week 1.56% weight loss and I hit my own 10% weight loss, so it was a big success. The only downside is I lost so well because my stomach is giving me problems and so I couldn't eat a lot. But hey, I am going to use it as my springboard to keep going forward. Here is a to a new week for all of us.

colds1 said...

I dropped another 2.51% so far. I still have many, many pounds to go and if they'd keep dropping like this for a few more weeks, I'd be much closer to my pre-pregnancy weight! At least I only gained 30 pounds ... if only I hadn't already been so far from my ultimate goal to start with!

I accept my role as "cheater" in this game ... but I don't remember a rule in the beginning stating that childbirth was not an acceptable form of weight loss! :)

Crisanne said...

Shelly, I'm right here with you. Didn't lose anything, didn't gain anything. And actually, I think you're ahead of me, I've only lost a total of 1/2 pound since we started! I really did exercise 4 days this week too.

Lucky Larson's said...

I gained .2 pounds, but since this the time of the month I normally gain 5 pounds I am happy. I didn't include my percentage-
Again my goal is to include excercise---Can I do it this week?
Tune in next week to find out.

Biggest Loser--I am totally going for MIcheal or Daris--I am totally charmed by those too--Micheal is so cute--didn't you love how he screamed along with his sister and friend, but Daris, is just so darn cute and his determination is amazing. I am not impressed with either girl too much, and Koli--well I liked Sam better--So there is my opionion!

I have always wondered who I would work better with Jullian or Bob--I don't like being swore at so I don't know if I would like Bob, but Jullian seems to hard core, never soft, to me. So I am not sure---What about you?

Shelly--Keep going-

Merinda Reeder said...

I weighed in, but it took me 4 days to post. I'm back to the weight I started with, so net ZERO. That's a loss of .8% this week.
Problems: Food and lazy carcass.