Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Bloggest Loser -- Week Two

Last week Josh won the week in weight loss percentage. We've got to be careful, girls. His body can drop pounds like nobody's business. He'll win if we let him. (It's okay if you win, Honey. I love you.)

So, ----> check your percentage for this week. Remember your original weight because you'll need that for future weigh ins, but for now your Start Weight will be your Current Weight from last week and your Current Weight this week will be whatever you weighed in at this weekend. Get it?

I lost nothing this week. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Zip.

I'd be upset, but I'm still trying to recover from this week!! I ate better (except for yesterday's trip to the Chinese Buffet -- oh, but it was good) and I exercised. But my stress level was so high, I don't know if I could have lost any weight without a Bob or Jillian to be here and kick my butt. And without a second me to take care of everything that needed to be done.

"Let me e'splain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up." (Name that movie.) Emma had a huge research paper and project due yesterday. The teacher told us Monday. 3rd grade + Research Project = MAJOR PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT. She also had rehearsals for the talent show auditions that were also yesterday. Dad came to town. (The secret is out..... he got a job in Ajo, AZ, for the Border Patrol. He reports May 10, and Mom and Dad got a contract on their house in Great Falls last night. Things are happening fast for them.) Dad came to town a day earlier than I expected, so I was out running around with kids when he got into town and things just seemed to go downhill from there.

Friday was not your typical "Freaky Friday." It was "Freakin' Friday." It started around midnight when Dad finally got home from being stranded in the desert for a couple of hours. Then we slept. Then we all woke up and discovered that the game board Emma had made for her project had gotten into some water and was ruined. Then I fixed it from scratch in 17 minutes. The girls were late for school. As I checked them in we discovered that we had forgotten all the game pieces for her project. The second I parked in the school parking lot for the second time that morning I realized the girls had forgotten their lunches. I went home and tried to do school with Matt before the girls' lunch periods, but he didn't want to, so he sat in time out for about 20 minutes. The mortgage people called wanting more info and said closing will hopefully be next Wednesday. We finally did a little school. I took the girls their lunches. I got back and finished school with Matt. Then we waited for Dad, his buddy Ron, and Jabon to fix Dad's truck. We went to lunch. We went to Emma's audition (she rocked, btw). We went to the store. We went to Tara's house for dinner. I began making guacamole. I went to take a pit out of an avocado and chopped into the tip of my finger. It bled. Tara fixed me. I nearly fainted. A few times. We had dinner. Finally, we played some Rockband.

So, yesterday wasn't the best day. It pretty much summed up the way I've been feeling all week. If I can get through this weekend better than I did last weekend, I may actually have a good start to next week.

On to The Biggest Loser. I just love this show. I was so moved by the stories of the people in Texas at the 5k. Both of my parents have Type II Diabetes. I know I'm at risk. Ironically, they were living in Texas when they were both diagnosed. And at the weigh in, I actually was feeling so bad for the underdogs: Daris, Mike, and Ashley. It's not that I wanted Yellow or Grey to go home, I just wanted the individuals to do really well. I wanted Daris to win the challenge since he was working so hard by himself. We'll see what next week brings, eh?

Now tell me. How'd you do? Don't forget your weight loss percentage and tell me how your week went. Inquiring minds want to know!

9 comments:

colds1 said...

.99% gain. This game sucks! Oh, wait ... I have a good reason to not be losing yet. I forgot. :)

Lori said...

PRINCESS BRIDE!!!!!

Way to go Emma! She SOO takes after Momma!

Sorry you're day was so crazy yesterday. That really stinks! Hope next week is WAAAAAAY better for ya.

I didn't exercise. Honestly I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to, but I still don't have the motivation and my middle still hurts a lot of the time. I don't know if it will calm itself down if I have a stronger core or not. I guess I should just exercise and find out huh? I almost got a bike the other day. That would help on the nice days to go ride.

Tara Dawn said...

I also knew that quote was from Princess Bride. Most times I don't know where you get these quotes, but this one I knew.

And I also lost 0 but gained 0, so that's alright. Considering I exercised very little that is not bad.

RNLambile said...

Okay...
My weigh in last week was 324.5 and this week is 321.0 which equals a 1.08% body weight loss. I have still not had any carbonated beverages (though it has been extremely tempting) and have tried to watch my portion sizes (which are still larger than they should be), with the exception of the trip to the Chinese buffet.

Despite being very excited to see Dad and spend time with Tara and Jabon, I am very stressed out with the whole house business and can't wait to move on from this.

I still have not found the motivation to go without sleep and get the exercise I need. Perhaps if I would just START exercising I would find the energy I needed and not require so much sleep. It will also help when I am not working 60-72 hours per week.

I feel bad for those who are doing more work than I and not getting the percentages I am, but on the other hand I am truly obese and need to lose the weight. I am glad some is coming off, even if it is slowly.

Merinda Reeder said...

Okay. I am in. Zero. I weighed myself and I know where to start. Even if I'm a few weeks late starting, I'm in.

I'll commit to walking, no seconds, and some exercise. I miss my gym. Planet Fitness is great - but 30 minutes is too far away.

Crisanne said...

Blech!! This week has been blah. I actually exercised 4 days this week, and tried to watch what I was eating. I wound up gaining back the 1/2 pound I lost last week. How exactly does this weight loss thing work?? Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Tara Bennett said...

I don't dare weigh myself this week. I was a terrible failure. I was sick and my mom was out of town. (cheers to the queen of excuses!) I counted no calories. I didn't work out. I even binged one night, downing an entire bag of chips AND nacho cheese dip. Ugh... Hooray for a new week and feeling better!

MaggieJo said...

.55% weight loss. I'm back to where I started. Lets do better this week.

Tara Bennett said...

FYI. I did weigh myself one day late -- for purposes of the contest. I had a .54% gain. I thought it would be worse, so I actually feel okay about it. This week, I'm kicking butt. And Biggest Loser tonight totally rocked. Did you have any idea Sam and that girl had hooked up? I knew she was with someone, but I didn't know it was him. Cute. But for some reason she kinda bugs me. I'm totally routing for the blonde girl and Daris. Cheers to a new week! Thanks for being part of what keeps me going and keeps me motivated! I hope the house stuff all works itself out. It can be a major pain, but it'll be worth it!