Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Good With the Bad

The Good News: We have a good shot at signing the final documents tomorrow. It's just a matter of a phone call to tell us to come sign.
The Bad News: We could be called at anytime to head to the office about 45 minutes away. To complicate matters, the girls have early out tomorrow, so we'd probably have to check them out of school so we can bring them with us.

The Bad News: Our tax refund, which we planned to use for most of our clean up of the new house, is currently being held until we send the IRS some information. Because they won't tell us over the phone what they need, we have to wait for a letter. It's been 8 weeks since we filed our taxes. Not cool.
The Good News: We should be getting back most, if not all, of our earnest money. Not as much as the tax return, but still it's money.

The Good News: Dad is coming back to town tomorrow.
The Bad News: He has to go almost immediately to report to his new job. Just a tiny, short visit.

The Bad News: The car died on Josh this evening before he headed off to work. Don't know if it will start for him in the morning.
The Good News: We have a large, shiny, vehicular target to site our guns on.

The Bad News: I have a lot of things to do around this house -- cleaning, packing, sorting, scrubbing, etc.
The Good News: I can get off the computer and do some of that stuff tonight. And I think I may actually do that.

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

I love newsy posts. :)
Good luck, I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope that you're getting a phone call right this very minute.
YEEEEEEEEE

Lori said...

Hope you get the call at a good time.

It really stinks having to wait for something in the mail when we live in a time where there a much faster ways of communicating.

At least you get to see dad, even if it's just for an hour or so. Soon enough mom and dad will both be down there and I'll still be here.

Sorry to hear about the car. At least your guns will be sighted properly.

Wish I could be there to help you pack and stuff. I feel so useless here.
(My rant is over now too... sorry)