Monday, November 17, 2008

Another Abby Moment


Do you remember in "Goldmember" when Austin Powers pokes the Mole (Fred Savage) in the mole with this random stick that just sort of appears out of nowhere? I think it's the greatest Austin Powers moment out of all three movies, even though I won't always admit that I've seen all three movies.


Anyway, when I went to pick the girls up from school today, Abby had a stick and nearly poked my face with it about 20 times. It just totally made me think of that movie moment.


I was reminded today about another Abby moment. A few weeks ago I received a call from the secretary at the elementary school. She said that Abby came to the office during recess time to give her a note from me. The note read, "My mom said to call her if I'm sick." Did you catch that the note was supposed to be from me? At the time I laughed at first and then we had to address some of the mistakes Abby made in trying to come home from school. Now that we've overcome most of the mistakes, we can laugh about it again. "My mom said to call her if I'm sick." Where the heck does she get that from? She's a bit devious, isn't she?

1 comment:

Tara Dawn said...

Oh, my little mini-me!! My Abby sure makes me proud! I never had to use a note in high school, thanks to you dating the son of the attendance lady. She always let me out without any excuse! It was a great perk.