Monday, November 3, 2008

Ode to November

Some things I'm happy about November for (Is that an awkward statement? I'm not in the mood to care.):

1. It was one year ago that we decided to move to Montana. I can't believe it's already been a year. Josh took a chance and applied for a job that he really wanted. Oh, he got it, by the way. (It's the one he has now.)

2. This month I get to say, "My baby is due next month." That's always a happy thing.

3. We get to vote and utilize the freedoms so many of our ancestors fought for. Don't call me corny. It's truly a big deal.

4. It's all our daddies' birthdays this month.

5. It's almost Christmastime. I love Christmas. It's so great. Truly.

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Those are good. We queued around a parking lot for 2 hours and 15 minutes before we got in to vote. I'm grateful for that. It is a big deal. I'm happy for you that you're to "next month"

Erin said...

Shelley Kay--
My sister sent me your blog address. Looks like you have a cute family! Hope you are doing well. My husband has cousins in Montana, but he's military and I don't know where....
Erin (Dustin) Casaday