Thursday, November 27, 2008

Care For a Smoke?

This morning at about 4am I woke up choking on smoke. I knew one of two things had happened...either our house was on fire, or Josh got off work and started a smoky fire in the fireplace. Luckily, it was the latter. Unluckily, our whole house was filled with smoke. It still smells like a hickory BBQ in here, but we all made it through. The girls never woke up (I don't know if that's good or not) but Matt did. He snuck into my bed after I went to investigate the smoke source. He said he couldn't sleep in his bed because it smelled like smoke and fire and he didn't want to die because "I love my mom, and I love my dad, and I love my sisters, and I love my room, and I love ours house, and I love my toys." Poor Josh felt so bad. We think that the heaviness of the cold air in the flue pressed the smoke into the room. To avoid this again, I've already started a fire before it gets too cold outside. Josh tried to be a good dad and husband and warm us up on a cold morning. He's a good man.

2 comments:

Jabon said...

yikes, I would have ran to the garage for my old bunker gear and pulled the garden hose in the window! Waiking up to smoke sure can get your blood going! Glad all is well ~!

Tara Dawn said...

That is very funny and Matt is so cute!