Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tag! I'm "It"

So, my friend Jeri Dawn (http://lingeringqueen.blogspot.com/ I don't know how to do the nice looking link stuff. If you want to tell me I'd be happy to learn.) tagged me with a theme of six. So, yeah, you guessed it...if you're reading this, you're probably going to be tagged. That's just the way it is!

Here are the rules:

1. link to the person who tagged you.
2. post the rules on your blog.
3. write six random things about yourself.
4. tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. let the tagger know when your entry is up.

So for some reason Jeri Dawn thought I'd have some random things to say. I'll try not to disappoint...

1. I remembered Friday night as I joined some friends for the opening night of Twilight that I am very uncomfortable in a room full of estrogen. Holy crap! As I was listening to these women and girls scream, clap, and holler at a decent looking guy, I slid down further and further into my chair and the sarcasm welled nearly beyond control. I just wanted to yell at them all that if they flung their panties at the screen and hit me, I'd kill them all. This may have also been due in part to my hormones raging out of control lately.

2. I love soft Red Vines. Not the black ones, they're gross. And not Twizlers. Just soft Red Vines. Ooohh, if it weren't Sunday I'd send Josh to the store right this second.

3. I hate it when people touch my head. I don't know if it's because of something that happened in my early childhood that I don't remember or one of the things I do remember: a boy in fourth grade punched me in the head when I got a better grade than he did. I didn't like him. Or maybe it was from eighth grade when Wade Schofield threw a blue racquetball across the choir room and it hit me in the head. I just can't remember.

4. When I eat an apple I have to twist the stem off. But that's not all. I also have to sing the ABC song, out of habit, until the stem pops off. It used to be to find out the first letter of the first name of the boy I'd marry, but now it's just because I can't NOT do it.

5. There are two movies I can't watch anymore since I've had kids. I used to love to watch these movies whenever I could. The day after Abby was born I couldn't watch The Green Mile because of the scene with my favorite character, John Coffey, and the two beautiful blond girls he pitifully held while he was crying because he couldn't save them. Oh man, it still gets to me. The other is John Q. I love Denzel Washington and I even got one of my professors to show the movie when we were discussing ethical decisions. But, it's about a father who holds an ER hostage until the hospital agrees to put his son on the heart transplant list. I made the stupid mistake to watch it while Matt was in the hospital during his last heart surgery. Call me a masochist.

6. I love to collect Precious Moments collectibles. I haven't been able to get a new one for a very long time, a few years at least. The other day Josh came home and presented me with a gift. It's a Precious Moments with a mommy holding her new blanket-enfolded baby up and they're looking at each other. It's so cute. I love it. It made me cry. What a good husband I have!

Okay, so the people to tag...you know I only know six people, and one of them was the person who tagged me, so I'm going to cheat and only tag the five of you that I usually tag. Sorry! I hope you have some fun with this, though.

Tara http://obyandtarabennett.blogspot.com/

Tara and Jabon (if you each do this, it'll be my six people...) http://jabon.hintegration.com/blogger/bolgger.html

Mindy http://cmreederfamily.blogspot.com/

Cindy http://family.utahsysadmin.com/

Michelle http://missusbennett.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

colds1 said...

I can play, but since I don't post that stuff on my blog (humiliation reasons), expect an email. Also, I noticed your "publications" on the sidebar and I should dig out some of the drawings you did for me years ago--I'd forgotten about that particular artistic ability!

Tara Dawn said...

I had no idea you went to see Twilight. Have you read the books? I read all four in a week. It's Carina's fault! We are going to see it at Christmas when her and Jershon come down here. Oh, and sometimes we buy those huge barrels of red vines from the store. It's so nice to find new little things we have in common. Love you sista!

Jeri Dawn said...

One day my mom went to a job interview and the interviewee happened to be a midget. Upon finishing, she looked down, patted the lady on the head, and told her, "Well, thank you." in a very sweet voice. She did not get the job. Maybe you should do a class on the inappropriateness of head touching.

Crisanne said...

Shelly! Cindy tagged me, but also gave me your blog spot! So glad to hear that all is well with your family. Tell you what, I have yet to start a blog, so if you want my responses, e-mail me, please! I would love to hear from you. Crisanne Durrant (Briggs)
dcdurrant@emerytelcom.net

Mrs. Bennett said...

I'll do the tag . . . eventually!