Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Arizona Top Ten List

Arizona Top Ten List...

Things I need to get used to:

10. The heat (a given)

9. Sand. Everywhere.

8. Driving time: it actually takes time to drive places.

7. The water is dis-gus-ting!

6. If you're not speeding then you're impeding traffic.

5. Southwestern architecture. Everywhere. (It's hard to tell residential and commercial buildings apart.)

4. A high LDS population. It's been nine years since we've lived somewhere where a single neighborhood might house as many as three wards.

3. Seven kids in one house. Ever thought of having five kids ages 11 to 4 and then a set <1-yr-old twins? It hasn't been too bad, but I'm very, very glad that most of them go to school during the day.

2. Cookie-cutter houses in cookie-cutter neighborhoods. I'm too much a traditionalist. Remember when buying a house meant you had to look at the actual house you were interested in and not the model home? (The house hasn't sold yet, so we're just looking, but still...)

And the number one thing to get used to in Arizona...

Realizing that someday I'll have no point of reference that Millie will understand when I tell her it was below zero on the day she was born in Montana.

4 comments:

Tara Dawn said...

Ditto.

Lori said...

I think it would be nice to live in a place where you're surrounded by "us". I miss that from UT. Time to stock up on bottled water then huh? Good way to get food storage started!!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Almost my entire extended family lives in Arizona. And you are right the water is DISGUSTING! Everyone I know there gets one of those water cooler things. Enjoy your warm winters!

Kayleen said...

Some friends of ours moved here from Arizona. They had a baby while living there, and she is now 5. They CAN NOT keep her shoes on her, and my friend always reminds us that "she is my arizona baby"... Could be worse right? Glad you are there, and together!!