Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Man of my Dreams!!

(Yes, Josh, I'm talking to you.)


Yesterday was Josh's birthday. It was a good day. The kids had a short day at school, so by the time they got home we were ready to start our fun day.

We started out having lunch with the kids (our nephew Brett came along too) at Rally's. Can we say, "Holy crap, give me more of them french fries"? Yeah, 'Fess Up Friday this is not. We took our food over to the Mesa Cemetery for a picnic. That might sound weird, but we went visiting Josh's grandparents.

This is not a picture of where we picnicked, but it is a shot of the Mesa Cemetery. It was the best Google could do for me. We sat by Grandma and Grandpa Stratton's headstone, under an olive tree, and ate our lunch. When we were done, we took an old toothbrush and some cloths and scrubbed their grave marker to make it beautiful.

Afterward, we headed to the Mesa Temple and walked around the Visitors' Center. Isn't it so incredible?

We got to look around the temple grounds and in the Visitors' Center we saw all their different displays about families being together forever. It made me teary eyed. Okay, really it made me cry a little. A lot. Fine, I totally bawled my eyes out. I just get so overwhelmed by the thought of our little band (as crazy as my children drive me) will be together forever. Well after this mortal existance we will still be a family, bound by the eternal bonds of marriage. You can absolutely feel the Spirit of God just inside the Visitors' Center. It's amazing and it was the recharge we've all needed. We got to stop and spend time at the Christus as well. Beautiful.

Later, Josh and I went on a kid-free date. I know, I just talked about how excited I am to be with my entire family for eternity, but sometimes it's necessary to get out just the two of us. We went to Red Lobster for their endless shrimp special. I had the chicken. Although, I did branch out and try the shrimp. I've had this aversion to shrimp ever since I was about 9 and my dad went shrimping. He brought home coolers full of shrimp and then my sister and I had to stick in our thumbs and pop off their heads. Talk about being scarred for life. Gross. Anyway, my Cajun Chicken Linguini Fettucini was delicious.

After dinner Josh and I decided to stay out just a bit longer. We took advantage of the amazing Arizona October night air and went mini golfing.

Josh actually worked here in high school. He was a Revenue Manager. He told me (halfway through our game) that he used to come out and golf a round after each shift. I think that may have something to do with the fact that he beat me by about 72 strokes. Maybe not that many, but I didn't let him add them up. It was pretty obvious who won. If it hadn't been that the place was decked out for Halloween, I would've forgotten that it was October. The night was so peaceful and wonderful.

After such a great day, I'd have to say that I could easily get used to being here in Arizona. I'm glad you had a great day too, Baby!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

It sounds like it WAS a great day! Be glad for the nice weather. It'a all frosty and freezing here. That's really cool that you guys got to go see Josh's grandparents and the place he use to work. What a bum he is for not telling you he's nearly a PRO!!!!