Friday, October 23, 2009

'Fess Up Friday


Despite my late night sweet tooth, this week's efforts were successful. This week I lost 3 lbs. If I were on The Biggest Loser, I'd be below the yellow line, but I'm not, so I'm happy about this. Especially since my average weekly weightloss is about a single pound. I've about lost all the weight I packed on this summer. It makes sense that winter would be the time of year to gain weight--your body wants extra insulation for the cold--but I've found it so much easier to lose weight and stay in routine during the school year while the kids are not under foot. MWF Tara and I groggily meet each other in the living room at 5am, but Tues and Thurs I'm on my own. Those days I have the possibility of children underfoot, but the little kids don't want to exercise with me like the big kids do so they pretty much leave me alone. I'm fine by that.


So, to sum up my exercise/diet confession: Exercise = good. Food = good. Yes, I ate cookie dough this week. And yes, I let Jabon talk me into a few late night sweets (you know it's all your fault and I'm just innocent, right, Jabon?). But I tried even harder to keep my calories under control. I couldn't find a kids' plate at Ikea (don't know where one is around here) but I did try to keep my portions in line with that idea and I didn't have seconds. So far, that seems to have made a huge difference. I've also had to restock my gum supply.


In other news, in case you missed it on Facebook, we have a contract on our house. It took some negotiations -- major -- but we got it worked out. It sounds like they are first time home buyers who want the grant because they want to close by Nov 15. Hey, the sooner the better, is my thought. It'll be sad to sell our house that we've loved so much, but it's time to look around here and get ourselves into a much more permanent situation. Tara and Jabon have been very patient with us and we need to make sure we get things taken care of before we wear our welcome too thin.
Anyway, how'd you do this week?

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

I probably shouldn't comment at all, there has been no exercise this week, and red vines were my lunch for several days this week, let alone the fact that I spent most of the week breathing like darth vader. But YAY for you!!! You go girl!! proud of you. I am sure that one day, your inspiration will once again wear on me, and I will get active once again!

Tara Dawn said...

I don't think I lost anything this week, so I am ready to step it up starting tomorrow! I hope that does something for me because I cannot fit in any more days.