Sunday, October 25, 2009

Primary Kids and Their Program

Today was the Primary program. Because of the way the LDS church is set up, all the programs are uniform throughout the world. This month the Primary children (ages 3 - 11) sang songs and gave short talks for the Sacrament Meeting. Because we just joined this new ward, the kids didn't get to have any individual parts. But several kids didn't get their own speaking parts. Evidently, our three Primary aged kids put this Primary group over 170 kids. Can we say Holy Cow? The ward we attended when we first moved to Montana had a total of 15 kids in their entire Primary program. And that included our kids.

The program was very nice. I realized that I actually miss my Primary calling. I thought I'd be happy to return to Relief Society after spending nine months with the 3 and 4 year olds in the Sunbeam class and six months with the 10 year olds. But I miss them. I miss Sharing Time. And I especially miss Singing Time. I love the Primary songs. Of course, one of my favorite songs is I Am A Child of God. But one of my other favorites is I Wonder When He Comes Again. The kids sang that one today.


I loved watching my children sing today. They made me happy and tearful all at the same time. The girls happily sang along to the songs and Matt proudly sported his new splint on his broken arm. That story will be up after I get a few pics. He's fine, but he's milking this for all he can.

What's your favorite Primary song?

6 comments:

colds1 said...

I haven't served in Primary yet, so I can only recall songs that I learned all those years ago and a few from Ricky. With those options, I love "Happy Song" ("Ducks in the pond quack a happy song ...") and I giggle at "Follow the Prophets" (it sounds like a Halloween song and we all know how I feel about Halloween ...)

Tara Bennett said...

It was the primary program in our ward today too!

My favorite primary song is "I Am Like a Star." But today they sang one I hadn't heard before. I think it's called "The Family is of God." I loved it!

Shelly said...

That's a new one. I think it's by Janice Kapp Perry. I can't remember. But it was a really fun one to learn in the Primary this year.

Merinda Reeder said...

I love primary songs. "I often go Walking" is one of my favorites because MY mom likes blossoms and meadows and walking - as do I. Lizzy's bedtime choice for the last month running is Book of Mormon Stories.

Lori said...

He sent His son. That is my all time favorite. But of course I love them all. We missed our program cause I was still recooperating. It was last week. I'm sad that we missed it. But I'm glad you guys were able to be in your new wards program. It's always nice to watch the kids up there.

Unknown said...

I get to listen to all of them every Sunday since I'm the 1st counselor. I LOVE "Love is Spoken Here". Wait until you hear the new one "I Know My Savior Loves Me". It's for next year's theme! I get to sing in in a duet tomorrow night...It is SOOOO pretty! Thanks for asking Shelly!