Monday, October 12, 2009

Inspiration From the Boob Tube?

Flipping through the channels of late night television, I had an epiphany.




Life is like a sitcom.




When you have a chance to watch a rerun (think back on your life), you get to see how the beginning of the series affects the end. And you sit there and think, "Did the writers really plan that out so brilliantly, or did it all just fall into place?" Sometimes I wonder, Is this the way my life was supposed to go or did my choices cause my path to meander and change directions?




If my life were a sitcom, I think it'd have to be called Growing Pains. Oh, wait, that's been used. Are You Smarter Than a 5-year-old? No, too close to the gameshow. Ah, I know. Sick and Tired...all about the nurse and his exhausted wife. Their four children are loud and bicker. They have the cooky in-laws (if you think I'm talking about you, you might be right). Dramatic moment cliff-hangers (some of which I've never expounded in this forum). And a live studio audience. No canned laughter for my production. And I want it funny enough to make the audience gut-laugh. You know, the kind that starts at the bottom of your stomach and bursts outloud.

Any takers?

2 comments:

colds1 said...

Are there any quirky yet totally lovable best friends in this series? That would make it totally worth my time!

Lori said...

I think I would totally watch that show!!! But only if I'm in the series. I'll even go under the title of the cooky in-laws as long as I am irreplaceable!!