Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New and Improved 'Fess Up Friday

Okay, my friends, it is time to get that fire burning in our bellies. And our calves.

I have decided to take a new go at this weight loss journey. I have 25 lbs left. That's it. It doesn't sound like a lot until I remember that I've lost virtually nothing over the last six or seven months. This is going to happen, but I need your help!

I'm going to be starting a new Beachbody program called Insanity. I began it before Thanksgiving, but the holidays, moving and chocolate all got in the way. But I'm renewed. The daily exercise begins Monday!

Also, I'm going to eat better. I'm giving up soda pop. Completely. I'm cutting back on sugar and simple carbs. A lot. I think my mind is not convinced that this is going to happen, so I've got to just do it. I probably need to go cold turkey. I don't like cold turkey. Yuck!

The third thing is my weekly affirmation. I'm not digging the 'Fess Up Friday post name. I don't get to post every Friday and the inconsistency really bugs me. Any ideas of what this weekly post can be called?

Finally, I need some virtual support. I rally you, my friends. I rent my cloak and yell above the cheers of the crowd,

"Let's do this! Let's get in shape! Who's with me??"

8 comments:

colds1 said...

Ha ha ... um, no! Check back in about 4 months for me! However I will cheer you on as I go green with envy at your success!

Kayleen said...

I'm with you!! You have to let me know how the insanity is. I keep watching the infomercials and thinking oh man, I wish that I could do it... Maybe you should call it, "did you get your butt kicked this week?" Because it is usually a butt kicking that I get when I exercise... Good luck!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Merinda Reeder said...

I like you. And I'm in. I've got 15 to go. You can do it. I'd like to kill off these 15 pounds in the next 4 months. That's roughly a pound a week. Can I do it? GO!

Lori said...

Why not just call it "We can do it" ? I started to work out on Monday. Then Tues, my stinkin stomach thing started up again and I was not able to finish up the week. It still hurts. Maybe I'll just push through it. I really want to get in shape. I hate feeling tired all the time. That's my big incentive.

Jeri Dawn said...

I'm in! I've got 15 or 20 to lose for "operation fit into my pants" to be successful. Are you still exercising in the mornings? What are your food menues?

Pamela said...

I'm with you...I seriously let things slip here these past few weeks and *gasp* gained about 4 pounds back...those suckers were hard to lose too! New year, new us!!!

Tara Bennett said...

I'm doing a combination of "8 Minutes in the Morning," hcg for 3 weeks, then Weight Watchers with my mom by my side. Last year I lost loads of weight on hcg, then gained it all back as quickly as it came on. I'm being more realistic this year about the timeline, but do hope to reach a pretty dramatic goal in 5 months, and hope to be in tip-top shape by the end of the year. So what I'm saying is, "Yes, yes, I'm with you!!!"

p.s. I love the picture in your header, esp Matt. Too funny!

Tara Bennett said...

Oh, and I love Lori's "We Can Do It" idea. I think you should run with that one!