Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Decade....

There is so much to look forward to at the beginning of a new year, but when it's also the beginning of a new decade AND a blue moon, it's nearly overwhelming.

First of all, let me just say that 2009 was one of the most difficult years we've experienced so far. In fact, there were some things that happened that I just need some closure on. Thank goodness we get to close the door on the year, maybe that will help a little.

We had some good things too. Emma turned 8 on Easter Sunday and was baptized that evening. That was a good thing. Abby became an incredible reader and reads at least two grade levels above her age group. That's a good thing. Matt has a healthy heart and only broke one bone this year. That was a good thing. Millie turned one and scares the poop out of all of us. That really is a good thing, because we all laugh about that.

Josh got a new job, we have a new home (however temporary it is), we're all healthy and happy. It's a good way to begin the decade.

I've decided to write my goals for the year. I didn't write them last year and now I have no idea how pitifully I didn't fulfill them.

2010 Goals:

1. Stop using my pseudo-swear words. No more "crap" or "fricken" or "crap." This is going to be hard.

2. Finish my novel. Josh thinks this is going to be a lofty goal. Granted, so far I only have the Prologue, but I just rewrote it the other day and I like it so it should spur me on to finish the rest of the book, I hope.

3. Lose those last 25 lbs. I'll do this by exercising at least five days a week and eating better. That means I've got to finish the last few Diet Cherry Pepsi's in the fridge so I can stop drinking soda pop. And we've got to finish up the ice cream cake in the freezer so we can stop eating ice cream.

I think that's a pretty good start.

Here's to a new year, a new decade, and a new attitude of resolve. Cheers!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Happy New Year Sis. I should make some new resolutions this year too. I think I'm going to try to do your #1 also. That's a good one. And I have a hard time with that.

Tara Dawn said...

Unfortunately for me, I blogged my resolutions so I have proof of how awful I did.
Good luck to you!