Friday, February 26, 2010

And To Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street

Except for the couple of times I drove the streets of Texas, I've never seen so many side-road vendors as I have here in Arizona. And it's not just vendors. Businesses hire people to hold their signs on the corners. Never seen that more than I do here. Signs for pizza and other restaurants, jewelers, new homes, Girl Scout cookies. It's just people standing there, bouncing their four foot signs around to catch your attention as you drive by. But I digress.

Today, as I was driving around doing my errands I saw several roadside vendors selling all sorts of things. Here's a little rundown of things I've seen sold on the side of the road just up the street from my house:

tamales

oranges

mattresses

Dish Network

Bonsai Trees -- Today's sign read: Big trees, Stupid Prices!



Tortoises. I didn't actually see this one, but Emma convinced Josh to stop and check them out. A tortoise just larger than this was only $100, if you can believe it!

BTW, today's title is courtesy of the first book Dr Seuss wrote. His birthday is March 2. Happy Birthday, Theo!

1 comment:

Jabon said...

Ha ha, I saw that stupid tree, I mean stupid price sign yesterday... Hey, a tiny turtle for 100$ that is nuts.