Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ready For a Shock?

Guess what....

....Not all the decisions I make are wrong!!!!



Today I had a few affirmations that, although I seem to make decisions that lead me down a rough road, it's the right one.


I had a few ladies from church stop by and visit today and this is where I had my realizations.


Affirmation 1: Home schooling is the right choice. As much as I complain about home school, I'm starting to get it. We're getting done by a decent time everyday, the kids are learning, and we're (for the most part) enjoying being together. One of my new friends told me that she completely understood why I wanted to home school the kids. She said that the elementary school across the street from us is the "Freddy Krueger" school. And it's not just because the testing scores are so low. I'm so glad to know that my efforts to teach, lifestyle alterations, and lessened time for myself is worth it.


Affirmation 2: Completing my theatre degree at a small college gave me more opportunity than if I went to a large school. The other of my new friends told me about how she was a Theatre Major at BYU. As I began to envy her, we started swapping stories and I realized how blessed I was to go to a much smaller school with a small department. She told me that she got to be involved in two shows during her six years in school. I was in about nine shows, directed one (the best one the school's ever seen, in my humble opinion), designed costumes, dramaturged, house managed, designed sets, and had an incredible time doing it. I'm sure she got the more complete book education, but I was able to acquire so much experience. I had always dreamed of going to BYU and never thought I was good enough to go there. Now I realize that, good enough or not, little po-dunk Adams State College gave me the experience I needed and wanted. I did more than most. How can I regret that?


I know that I don't make a whole lot of bad decisions, but it sure is nice to recognize that those things that make me question myself were/are good things after all.

1 comment:

Jeri Dawn said...

Ahhh..good for you girl. Of course they're not wrong--you are one inspired woman. And although some of us may look at you and wonder about your sanity (not me of course) just remember that you are doing what you know is right and no one else has a say in that!