Monday, February 22, 2010

A HUGE Thank You!

Some people's sisters marry real idiots. Thankfully, mine haven't. In fact, I really like both of my brothers-in-law. They are great men and they take good care of my little sisters. Okay, I'm shorter than both of them, but you know....


Anyway, my BIL Jabon has been incredibly helpful to our family. Not only did he allow us to live in his house for 2 1/2 months, but he's done all sorts of things for us. His latest achievement of the "Brother of the Year" Award happened just the other day.


Jabon built us a computer.


Yeah, read that sentence again. He built us a computer. I know a lot about using computers for lots of different reasons, but the mechanics of it all baffles me and I am amazed by people that can just grab a few extra parts laying around their house and create a desktop computer for their family to use. Hello???? Can we say "OH MY GOSH!"?


Jabon's goal was to allow us to do school a lot easier. I had no idea how badly we needed a second computer until we had one to use. The ability to multi-task has increased by a hundredfold. I can tell Emma to take one test while I work with Abby on an online assignment. It's amazing. We've shaved a good three hours off our school day.



Emma using the new desktop computer.....


....while Abby uses the laptop.

The blur back there is Matt. That's a pretty realistic shot.

And Millie hovering around the computer, that's pretty realistic too.

And so, to Jabon I want to publicly say Thank You SOOO Much! You're amazing and you totally ROCK!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome!! James made our blue computer about 6 years ago. It's amazing how they can do that. huh?

Tara Bennett said...

That really is amazing and so kind! Hooray for multi-tasking!

I love the Matt blur showing his lightning speed. So funny :)

Merinda Reeder said...

I love it. :)
What incredible picking power your family has, huh?

Jabon said...

gosh, a post just for me... thanks! I am glad to be able to help you guys! That is a great shot of Matt!

Tara Dawn said...

I have to say that each of us (our brothers included) picked great spouses! It is pretty incredible all the things they do.