Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympic-Sized Memory

Inspired by my dear friend Tara, I decided to show some of my Olympic memories from four years ago.

We didn't live in SLC when the Olympics came there, but we did live in itty-bitty Woodland Park, Colorado. Imagine my surprise when we found out that the Olympic Torch was making its way to Salt Lake via Woodland. Especially since it was coming down Highway 24, directly in front of the bank I worked at. I met Josh outside and we (along with a 9 1/2-month old Emma) watched as the Olympic Torch--all the way from Greece--climbed the nearly 9000 ft mountain road.

It was kinda cold.




Don't worry. Our city didn't shun the Torch or anything. That's just how many people there are in that town. It was the closest we got to the Olympics that year, but I loved that we got to be a small part of it.

5 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Look how itty bitty Emma is!

Fun memory :)

Unknown said...

I think you mean 8 years ago...4 years ago they were in Torino. And you had an Abby and a Matt... Just saying ;)

Shelly said...

Okay, yeah. 8 years ago. Thanks, Pam!

Lori said...

I was there too!!! I remember it pretty well. It was really cold. That's the coolest thing I have to remember about the olypmics for the past couple of years. I've been a little out of it all.

Celine said...

Oh niiiice! ^^
I remember being in Colorado when the flame came through! ^^