Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Millie-Me, Hair-dos, A Cute Boy, and SCHOOL

I don't know if you've been properly introduced to Millie. She is my Mini-Me, or Millie-Me, if you please. Millie is determined to do everything just like her Momma. Let me show you.....



This is Millie helping me with the laundry. She looks harmless, but really, about five minutes before this picture was taken, that laundry basket was completely empty and all of those clothes were neatly folded and stacked on the empty spaces there on the couch and table. She's such a good helper.




Millie also likes to type on the computer. She doesn't pound on the keys, she lightly places both hands over the keyboard and moves her fingers as quickly as she can. She's a writer/blogger in training.


She also loves to talk on my cell phone. If you get a call from me and all you hear is a baby in the background, it's probably Millie calling.


There's more she does, but I can't remember right now. She's a cute little girl and it's so hard to scold her when she looks at me with that look that says, "What, Mom? I just love you."



I've tried to branch out on my hair-dos for the girls. Emma's hair is so long that I can do some fun things with it.



I practiced doing inside-out braids on Emma. We did a Zuzu-type style. When she played Zuzu in It's a Wonderful Life, we did braids (not inside-out) up to the top of her head and then curled the piggy tails. See?



Anyway, for Valentine's Day she wanted a heart in her hair. This was the best I could muster in about the five minutes I had to do her hair before we ran out to church.

Abby likes to have the little horns on her head. She thinks they're cool.


And, Abby lost her top front tooth. She was so happy!!!


And, of course, this is my cute boy. Please, don't call him handsome. He's cute. Not handsome. Get it right.
This new school is killing me. I don't know if it will ever get any easier. The thing is, I've committed to a full semester. So, we're roped in this program until the end of the school year. It would be an incredible program for one or two kids to do, but three that are all third grade and under is tough. By fourth grade, the curriculum is supposed to be more independently completed, but until then it's very much run by the parent. You know, I remember hearing the stories about having three kids: with two kids, you have a hand for each, but there is no third hand for that third kid. That's kind of how I feel about this school. I don't have the extra hand for the third kid. But, I'm sure, as the weeks pass it will get easier. I was able to figure out how to handle three kids everyday, and I was even able to figure out how to handle four, so I'm sure I'll get this down, but for now, I'm spending most of my days doing school. I just need an extra 5 hours in the day. That's all. Or an extra me. Dang, where's Millie-Me when I need her?

4 comments:

Celine said...

That post sure made me laugh!
I'm sure Millie is a great helper!^^

Lori said...

Hee Hee! It sure is great to have a little helper isn't it? Teagan helped me wash the dishes the other day. If I had done it myself, it would have taken 20 mins. With him it took an hour and 20 mins.

I bet it's fun to do the girls hair up in fun 'do's. Kinda wish I had that. But, not really.

Tara Bennett said...

Millie-Me.... I love it!

Chloe is also a "helper." It always shocks me that she can make such a mess of laundry or food or pretty much anything within a 6-foot radius even though she can't walk or use her hands that well. Somehow she manages, though! (and I love it :)

Those 'dos are simply fantastic! I especially love the heart.

You're seriously amazing me for taking on this homeschool challenge. It will be memorable, that's for sure! My MIL had to homeschool Oby for a few years (he was too much to handle at public school, no joke). She has said many times that it was the hardest thing she ever did. And she only had ONE child, the other three were gone to school! But she also says it was one of the best things for Oby and their relationship. The good will outweigh the bad, and one day, this will be such a special memory, and probably a little laughable as well! Plus it's just one semester! Our weight loss theme can encompass this subject as well.... "YOU CAN DO IT!"

Tara Bennett said...

p.s. I'm loving the pic in your header! So cute :)