Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Matt's Birthday

Matt's birthday was last Tuesday. I can't believe my little boy is 6!

He got a new bike. He loves it, but it's a little too tall for him to easily get on to. He has to climb up the little electrical box in the yard to get on it. Then, he has to gracefully fall to get off it. He'll get it, I'm sure.


As you can see, riding it is not an issue.



Matt had two cakes. One on Tuesday with his sisters and cousins. His cake has Mega Tron and Optimus Prime on it.



His second cake has Star Wars figures on it. We had this one Sunday as our 4th of July cake with his sisters, cousins, aunt, uncle, and grampa. For months Matt told me he wanted me to make him a cake with Darth Vader and Yoda fighting. In the middle of the cake was supposed to be a sheet of glass holding Yoda so it can look like he's suspended in the air. Yeah. As much as I love my only son, there is a limit to my (and Josh's) cake decorating abilities. I did manage to make him an ice cream cake after seeing he didn't eat a bite of his Transformers cake. But, the Star Wars figures were $8 (marked down from $22.99) and so they sufficed for his decoration. He didn't seem to mind.
And look at the two babies. Cracks me up that they are the two kids hovering over Matt and the cake.



Here's my big boy at his bedroom door.



Happy birthday, Matt-Matt. I love you!!

No comments: