Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Thankful Project

My friend Jeri Dawn has challenged her loyal blog readers to post the answers to a get-to-know-you question she posted: Ten Things You Are Thankful For Today.

I haven't played one of these games for a while and almost passed, even with Jeri Dawn's threat to come to my blog and call me a chicken. I was willing to take that risk.

But today was a rough day. The kids couldn't play quietly and the monsoon outside didn't allow them to go out and run around. Josh was trying to sleep for his shift tonight. I did NOTHING yesterday after getting home from our trip and I have a huge to-do list that I didn't accomplish today.

So, for the sake of my soul, I've decided to play.

Ten Things I'm Thankful For Today:

1. The rain. I have no grass for it to water, but the kids loved watching the streets and yards flood.

2. Our vehicles are out of commission. That may sound bad, but it caused Josh to have to call in to work, so I get another night with him before he works seven days in a row.

3. My sister and brother-in-law. With the problems of the car, Jabon came over to help Josh jump the car. When the battery proved to be beyond dead, Jabon took the battery out of his beautiful Mustang for us to use in the car so we can fix both the car and the flat tire on the van tomorrow. They help us a lot.

4. Gummy bears. They're good.

5. Reading time. I love to read with my kids. I read a different book with each kid, so after prayers they each read individually while I make my rounds. Matt and I are reading Eragon, Abby and I are reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Emma and I are reading Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites.

6. My fixed dryer. I did laundry today and it only took me into the afternoon, not two days like it did at the rental.

7. The storm is over. Now that the storm has stopped raging, my tv shows aren't being interrupted by the Emergency Alert System telling me where the thunderstorms and flash floods are happening.

8. The photo of Josh and the kids at the beach. That was one of the most perfect days we've had in a long time. It reminded me that not every day is a rough one.

9. Brownies and ice cream. They're also good.

10. I'm very thankful for the outlet I have of writing. Whether it's on Facebook or the blog or my book. I like to get things out and allow everyone to wallow in my rants with me.

So, Jeri Dawn, thank you for this challenge. I needed it. It's good to remember that I am thankful for things.

2 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

Thanks for playing! I really was going to go for a simpler question to begin my game, but I too needed to be thankful today...Funny that I can be thankful for cars that work and you can be thankful for cars that don't! Just goes to show, we can be thankful for anything!

Merinda Reeder said...

When was the last time I told you that I like you? Been a while. Thanks for being my friend. You're a good one. I needed to read your list today.