Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An Award, Two Tags, and A Big REWARD

My friend Celine gave me an award:

The LOVE YA award:“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award"

I've decided to tag my "usuals" (because I love you) but also add a couple of people that probably don't know that I've been following them (Sing with me, "I wear my sunglasses at night...").

2. Pam
8. Kidz

Celine also had a tag of fun Get-To-Know-You questions. I thought I'd share and answer them too.

1)What is your blogger name? Shelly
2) When is your birthday? September 16th
3) How long have you been blogging? September 2008
4) Who tagged you? Celine
5 ) Tell me your 5 most favorite body parts : Eyes, mouth, chest, arms, rearview ;)
6) What do you wish most for your birthday? To hit my goal weight
7) What color are your nails now? Natural
8) Any depressing thoughts lately? No depressing thoughts, but yesterday things kept going wrong.
9) What's your next month's plan? On Easter Emma will be baptized. So much more to come about that, I'm sure!
10) At what age did you have your 1st crush? I was probably about five.
11) Did you attend any school reunion after you graduated till now? Both my fifth and tenth.
12) Have you ever passed gas in public and pretended you didn't smell anything? When you're pregnant you have no control over your bodily functions. That's all I'm going to say about that.
13) Are you a clean freak? Please, I wish!
14) Which era do you wish you were born into? I'm glad I was born when I was, but the Victorian era is really fun to play on stage.
15) Are you a vegetarian? Yeah, no.
16) How many pillows do you sleep with at night? One. Two when Josh is home--ha ha.
17) Are you a light sleeper or an I-don't-care-if -there's-a-bomb-here sleeper? I have four children, therefore, a very light sleeper.
18) Do you secretly wear comfortable granny panties when your man is not around? My undies are never a secret.
19) What is your ultimate dream job? To be paid to act would be incredible. Otherwise, motherhood is a pretty good gig.
20) What is it your hubby does that annoys you the most? I plead the fifth (Josh reads my blog).
21) What is your dream car? I don't know anymore. A clean one?
22) Do you easily wake up in the morning? When I have to. If I can sleep in, I will.
23) Do you like hairy men? Oh yeah.
24) How about goateed men? Not so much.
25) Which one would you prefer, 2 hour spa, 2 hour Thai Massage, or a two hour foot massage? A 2 hours spa maybe. Never had one, so I don't know!
26) Have you ever wished you had a different name other than your real name? I'm pretty sure I did. I think I wanted to be Tiffany. This was in the late 80s, early 90s.
27) What is the most extreme sport you have ever done? Probably white water rafting. But then I almost died, so now it's going out into public without a diaper bag.
28) Do you prefer traveling in Europe or Asia? Never been to either, but I always wanted to go to Europe.
29) What is your favorite food? Chocolate
30) What is the most embarrassing moment when you were out on a date? I went on a blind date with a friend and her date. We went bowling. My friend bowled something beyond 100, her date was an amateur bowler, and my date bowled four strikes in a row. I bowled a 32. I suck!


My friend Tara had a tag on her blog. Choose the sixth picture in your sixth folder and tell about it.

This is Abby in 2002. I have no idea what the point of the pic was except to have a picture of my pretty girl. The date on it is two days after my 25th birthday. That means that we had just moved to Alamosa and Josh had started his first semester of full-time college. Man, that was a long time ago.
By the way, I tag anyone that wants to play!

And my big reward for the day was this: Millie laughed for the first time! She started out smiling at me, but as I was cooing at her about her naked bum (I was changing her diaper at the time) she broke out into her first laugh. Oh, it melted my heart.

3 comments:

Celine said...

YAY Shelly!
Thanks for playing along, that's fun!
I love your new layout! How very cute!

Tara Bennett said...

Oh Emma's pic is so cute - she was so thin! ;o)

Hooray for baby giggles and baptism and bodily functions in public and congrats on your award!

ps I just found the 'yearbook' of sorts that I made for everyone when we were roommates at USU. Oh, I have had a good time reading what everyone wrote to me. Many inside jokes came rushing back. What a fun time!

Terri said...

Ok, I just have to tell you I laughed out loud at "going out in public without a diaper bag" as an extreme sport! That was great! You know IF you ever don't have the diaper bag, an explosion is sure to happen!