Friday, March 6, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

TGIF!! I'm so glad it's Friday for a few reasons. Number One: It's almost Sunday, which is (supposedly) a day of rest. Number Two: My children are cleaning the house tomorrow. Josh is working all weekend, so that's not a factor in the happiness.

Well, today is officially Day 34. Yes, I've been hurting myself for 34 days now. Sometimes I feel good about my progress and some days... The other day I was leaning back in the recliner with Millie on my chest. She was doing the cutest stuff, so I had Josh take a picture of her. When I got to see how the pictures came out I was mortified to see that I resembled Jabba the Hut. Oh, it was gross and very disheartening. The only good thing was that I could call Josh my Princess Leia (is that disturbing, because I think it's funny). Anyway, I have to crop those pictures before I can post them.

I figured that I'd give an overall status of how it's going since I've passed my 30 day mark. I haven't taken another photo of myself yet and I'm very scared to since the Jabba moment, so that may wait. So far, since I bought my scale three weeks ago, I've lost 7.4 lbs. Since February 2, I've lost a total of 11 inches (bust, waist, hips, arms, thighs). I'm making progress, I just wish I could see it as well as the numbers sound. According to the Power 90 testimonials, the first month you see a difference as you begin to lost fat, the second month seems almost a stand still as muscle mass begins to build more, and the third month the weight just slips off. We'll see.

I decided to add a little humor since laughter is so good for you. This is Millie and Matt kickboxing. I've mentioned this before, but here is the visual.


So, let me know. How'd you do? What's working? What hinders? Any and all advice or encouragement is absolutely appreciated! My biggest challenge is the patience thing. Stupid patience!

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Looks like loads of fun at your house! Love it.

I am constantly disheartened by my lack of weight loss. Especially yesterday I went to lunch with a friend who had a baby in Nov. She is back in her size 4's lookin like one hot mama. I'm a size bigger than the day I gave birth. She ate: one entire pizza and two pieces of bread. I ate: a salad with fat-free dressing and no bread. Left starving, so stopped at the gas station and got some Doritos.

I just can't figure it out ;o)

Tara Dawn said...

Great job keeping at it! I only exercised once this last week (better than the week before). I was too exhausted with my homework and work this week to get up early to exercise. It was almost harder to exercise when I was home, so I applaud you!
Things that might help: I have no idea. That is why I still am not at my pre-pregnancy weight, never stayed there after I had Brett, and took 5 years to take it off after I had Cody!

Kayleen said...

Sorry it has taken me so long this week to fess up! I did actually get two days of exercise in this week. And managed to vacuum the house almost every day. I know that is nothing compared to p90x, but I have a 45lb kirby, so it is a bit of a workout. I don't think that next week is going to be as busy, so I can get back on the band wagon!

It sounds like you are making quite the progress. I'm not sure about you, but I feel like I made quite the progress when I was able to sit up in bed after a C section!
(I know it is quite an amazing thing!) My hubby was good at giving me a shove from behind when I had to get up! hahah we laugh at it all the time! Keep up the good work! It's worth it!

Celine said...

I did a horrible week with all the PACS celebration! Ugh!
Hopefully this week will be better!
Let's hang in there!