Friday, March 13, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

Is it already Friday? I swear this week totally got away from me. I seriously had to have an internal debate over whether it was appropriate to wish Matt's preschool teacher a good weekend. What if it was only Wednesday? But, it is Friday. Time for me to face the music to the rock-opera of my weight loss journey. Too much? Okay, on with it.

This week was so rough! Sunday night through Wednesday night I was dealing with a very fussy, sick baby girl. Oh, the fussing! Wednesday night was the worst. The only way I could calm Millie down was standing up with her in my arms. By midnight I was a bit tired of standing. She finally wiped herself out and stayed asleep until about 1am. Then Emma came up about an hour later and said, "Mother..." That's never a good sign. She'd had a bad dream. Needless to say, I didn't get good workouts in this week. I even missed Wednesday completely. My first miss. Ugh. I didn't want to do that until our vacation. Frustration.

The good thing is that my balance is improving a LOT! I'm so glad. I can actually balance on one leg easily. That's a miracle. My dad will happily tell the story of when I was being tested to see if I could enter kindergarten a year early. I passed every portion of the testing until we got to the physical development. I couldn't keep my balance to hop on one leg. I missed going to kindergarten a year early because I couldn't hop on one leg! Well, look at me now, Superior Montana School Testing! I could kick that test's butt! And it only took me 26 1/2 years to do it, baby!! Thank you Tony Horton and Power 90. I've finally overcome that emotional hurdle. Whew!

How'd you do?

5 comments:

colds1 said...

Personally, I'm glad that your balance stunk for the first 30+ years of your life! I would have missed out on so much had you been able to start kindergarten a year early!

Kayleen said...

I think that a sick baby is an excuse for anything. You need to go and see the wearyourbaby.com site. It really is wonderful. The best solution for a wants to be held baby. Better than a snuggli, you don't feel like you are going to drop the baby, and their feet don't turn purple, because they are still getting blood flow to them.
Anyway... I did much better this week. I found time to exercise, and realized how much I really like it. Well not the exercise itself, but the endorphin rush after. I watched what I ate better, and didn't stuff myself full. Lets hope that next week will be better.

I don't think that you will have to worry about exercise while on vacation, there is enough walking a the happiest place on earth, that you won't miss any calorie burn!

Celine said...

Good for you Shelly!
You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Celine said...

Good for you Shelly!
You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Tara Dawn said...

Ok, so it took my a few days to comment on this one. I sucked with exercise this week, again. Too tired with work, school, and family!! Next semester, I am only doing 2 classes in hopes that I can actually breathe easier and have time for myself! Still weighed in, though, and at least I have not gained even a half a pound (my scale gives me the 1/2 lb).