Thursday, March 5, 2009

Christmas Presents Revealed

I totally have to share what Josh and I made for our parents for Christmas this year. I couldn't go any earlier than this because Josh's dad reads our blog and I didn't want to ruin the surprise for him. Well, since we finally got his present out to him last week (just a little late), I can finally show off my husband's incredible skills.
We got the idea from one of the posts at Kidz about how to take your pictures and change them into coloring pages. We thought it might be interesting to do this somehow, but just coloring the pictures wasn't quite enough for a gift for our parents. Josh came up with the incredible idea to transfer the coloring page onto wood so he could burn the picture.

So, we went from this





to this.




Isn't he amazing? I love bragging about how great my husband is, and he keeps giving me stuff to brag about. You can think I'm sappy, but I don't really care (see my previous post if you really want to get into it with me!). Really, I think Josh did great and I can't wait to see what else he can come up with.

By the way, if you want to learn how to make the coloring pages we used (the coloring page is on my old dead laptop, sorry) go here.

3 comments:

Jabon said...

WOW, Josh that is great. I have wanted to do something like that for years. I am still dreaming of the craftsman CompuCarve or better yet, learn to do it by hand. Looks fantastic!

Lori said...

That looks so COOL! Josh, you did a GREAT job! I really like it!!

Celine said...

Wow, that's awesome!
I'm just impressed!