Monday, March 9, 2009

Everybody Needs a Laughing Place...

...A laughing place to go-o-o!



In about sixteen days the Johnsons are going to Disneyland!! I can't wait! I want to go have some fun right noooooowwwww! We've decided to make this trip all about the kids. We have some really great things planned. We'll do dinner with the main Disney characters in Goofy's Kitchen one night. We've also got a date with the Princesses another day. But don't tell the kids, they don't know about all the extras. In fact, I asked Emma if she thought we might be able to get Mickey ears hats and she said, "They don't make those anymore." Ha, ha! Little does she know!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the kids' faces for the five days we'll be in the Magic Kingdom. The last time we went Abby was 9 months old and so Emma was 22 months old. The picture above is Emma hugging the only character that didn't make her burst into tears. The silly ol' bear. I know Millie's going to be way young to be out on vacation, but I think it'll still be a great experience for us all. I'm thinking I'll end up carrying Millie around in a Snugli or wrap, so that will most likely supplement the loss of exercise I expect to experience that weekend. We're going in between Josh's stretches at work so he doesn't have to take time off so it will be a long weekend and the kids are going to miss school. If I were them, I'd be LOVING my parents for taking me to Disneyland instead of school.

I'm so mean, though. The kids are earning their spending money by completing all of their chores everyday. They earn a dollar a day. My house is almost clean! It's like a miracle. My house is getting to be the Happiest Place on Earth!

7 comments:

colds1 said...

That is just about the sweetest picture ever!

Celine said...

YAY! That sounds like so much fun!

Kayleen said...

So Jealous! Have a great time! Do you know how to "wear your baby"? If not, check out the site. www.wearyourbaby.com. And the best part about it is that you can go to the dollar table at walmart, and find a piece of stretchy fabric, and you are set!

Merinda Reeder said...

Awww spit. I'm so jealous I'm molting. I hope you have soooo much fun. And I hope your kids enjoy the magic. It sounds like such a great time and I love that you're keeping the extras a secret. Some days I think Disneyland is better than Christmas.

Lori said...

Have a GREAT time!! I'm a little bummed we couldn't go with you. But I can seriously understand needing a vacation NOW!! Make sure to take lots of pictures!!

Florrie said...

Hey Shelley, I linked your blog from Tara's....I hope you don't mind.
Have soooo much fun at the happiest place on earth! I love that you are making this trip about the kids. That is always my motto for vacation. If they want to ride pooh bear 6 times in a row: do it. If they want to eat ice cream for breakfast: let 'em. At least that's my dealio.
Goofy's kitchen is SO MUCH fun. What I loved about it is the autographs are so easy to get, as the characters just walk around and you don't have to wait in the lines in disneyland.
Anyway, have a blast and take tons o' pictures so we can all see them and be insanely jealous!

Tara Bennett said...

Woo hoo! So exciting!!! Winnie the Pooh ride was Chloe's personal favorite. I think your idea for the kids to earn their spending money is an excellent idea! I can't wait to hear ALL about it!!!