Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Rest of the Story


I just found out that Paul Harvey, the legendary voice of radio news, passed away on Saturday. I never really knew anything about Paul Harvey except that I enjoyed listening to him read the news ("Stand by for the news!"). And my favorite was The Rest of the Story. It was always interesting and rarely predictable. I use Smart Balance butter because of him. I know all about the Bose Sound System and the Rennai Tankless Water Heater because of his advertisements.


Mr Harvey was 90 when he passed away. He died less than a year after his wife/producer Lynne. I'm kind of sad about this because I've listened to him since I was a kid. But I'm sure he's happy to be reunited with his wife.

1 comment:

Jabon said...

I definitely remember his catch phrases. I had no Idea he had been on for so many years.