Saturday, March 21, 2009

March (Movie) Madness

Several movies have made their ways into my mind lately. Here are a few things I've been thinking about:



Tonight First Wives' Club was on. I love this movie. Probably because when it came out I was a non-dating high schooler that was bitter about my situation and loved the companionship of my girl friends. After seeing this movie in the theater, we decided that Annie (Diane Keaton) was most like my friend Mindy, Brenda (Bette Midler) was most like my friend Cindy, and Elise (Goldie Hawn) was most like me. You couldn't get it any better than that. Plus, there was Shelly (Sarah Jessica Parker). "Shelly the Barracuda. She's 12." My name isn't used that much, so when it is, it's kind of fun. Also, Goldie Hawn always makes me think of my friend Tara. Just a movie full of memories and thoughts.



Have you ever seen or read Anne of Green Gables? It's really a good one. In fact, I'd like to read it with the girls. But after reading it for a bit, you kind of get to the point of thinking, "For Heaven's sake, girl. Are you ever going to stop talking?" This is Emma. Perfectly. Completely. You think I talk a lot? You don't know that half of it.



Remember the movie The Beverly Hillbillies? Remember the scene when the family is leaving Arkansas to go to Californy and they have to tie Granny to the top of the car and as they're going down the road a low lying tree branch is coming up. Jethro says, "Watch your head, Granny"? And then the tree knocks Granny tied up to her rocker down onto the road. The kids saw this the other day and cracked up laughing. Well, a few days later Emma was doing her hair in the bathroom with the door closed. Abby opened the door and promptly hit Emma and Emma got upset. In an effort to make her feel better Abby said, "Watch your head, Granny." Emma didn't think it was so funny, but I laughed.


The day before yesterday Matt and Josh were wrestling. Remember in Shanghai Noon when Owen Wilson said, "I may not know karate, but I know ca-razy!"? So, Josh was on his back and Matt came over to him and said, "I may not know crazy, but I know punching!" The last time we saw that movie was a few weeks ago. Good memory, Matt.



Millie has developed a bit of a raspy voice. She was gurgling at me the other day and made me think of Multiplicity. Remember the part when Laura (Andie MacDowell) asks Number 4 what he wants and he says with a bit of a raspy voice, "I want pizza. Give me some pizza." Of course we knew that one of my kids was going to be a bit of Number 4. It's unavoidable.



And not to leave Josh out, we watch Ratatouille every time it is on. Not because the kids love it, but because Josh does. Anyone need an idea of something to buy Josh? This is the perfect gift.



And here's a homemade movie. Sunday Millie is 3 months old! Holy cow, the time is flying!! She's such a joy in our home. It's like she's always been here with us. We all love her so much!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Millie looks like she is a very happy baby!! Good job! Love all the rattles of movies. I like every single one of them! Even Anne. with an E. (I know you spelt it right. That's what she says). She never does know when to be quiet does she.

colds1 said...

"I got a wo-allet!" and "we're thpitting on bugs" are still regulars in my household! I love finding those movies that help define moments of my life. Your choices are excellent!

Tara Dawn said...

Perfect movie choices! And I especially loved seeing Millie's movie. She and Ashton sound a lot alike!

Tara Bennett said...

Of course I love any reference to Multiplicity or First Wives Club, but hands down my fav part of this post was Millie's happiness. *sigh* what a cutie!!!