Sunday, March 1, 2009

I am not Obsessive; I am not Obsessive; I am not...

Okay, it's that time again. Time for me to admit my, uh, weaknesses. I have issues.

I don't know if it's more of a behavioral problem, I'd have to go dig out Josh's nursing textbooks to see, but I'm pretty sure I have obsessive issues. I tease Tara about our days at Utah State and her need for our alarm clocks to be synchronized, but the truth is, I liked that. Yes, yes, I liked the incessant order. I liked how things lined up just right. Tara got teased about the order her cd's were in. I never did step forward to admit that mine were not only ordered by genre, but also alphabetized within the genre. They still are!!! But this is just a small bit of the obsessive issues that I'm pretty sure I have.

When I get into something, I can't really let go of it. You can tell what I'm into by what I watch on tv. When we wanted to buy a house and began the process, we watched HGTV and DIY Network constantly. I haven't watched them much lately, but spring is coming so I have been indulging in shows like Desperate Landscapes. When I was pregnant I watched the Discovery Health Channel and TLC. My days and nights mostly consisted of A Baby Story, The Baby Diaries, Deliver Me, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, 17 Kids and Counting, and anything else about babies and pregnancy. It seems like each pregnancy I end up watching 9 Months at least twice (I love Joan Cusack). Now it's the weight loss thing. I've been watching every showing of The Biggest Loser, both past and current episodes. I'm loving the show Bulging Brides with women that just need to lose a little weight before their weddings. I don't even know what it is that I like about it. Maybe that it's women closer to my own size.


What the heck is wrong with me? Am I the only one that does this? I've been trying to avoid the more violent shows that I usually love like any CSI, and other crime dramas. I had a really violent dream the other night, so I really don't want to get into those shows right now. Anyway, it seems that my obsessive compulsions are giving me a safer tv zone if nothing else.

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

I'm glad to know my idiosyncracies weren't terribly annoying to you. Funny because I've let all that go. I'm still a bit organized, but nothing like I was when we were roomies!

I am forever obsessed with HGTV and DIY channels, especially Desperate Landscapes. I kinda think the host is hot - shhh don't tell Oby.

If there were a weight loss show about losing weight just by wiggling your nose, I would watch that. All the blood, sweat, tears, and dieting required by Biggest Loser contestants - it's too much. I need it to be much easier than that! LOL which is why I'm staying this size and you'll zoom down to a size 2 before ya know it!!! Good luck girl. =)

Lori said...

I think I'm a little bit like you Shell. Not THAT bad. But a little. Mostly with HGTV. Any time I think I want to improve something on the house I constantly watch that. I like the Food Network contest shows too. Although, that has nothing to do with it, because I am NO chef!

Jeri Dawn said...

I am nothing like you, but you are like my husband. I get bored too fast to be obsessed with anything too long. I struggle with monotony and a need for change. If Jason is not thinking about sex, then I know he is thinking about money, and if (in the one in a million chance) he is not thinking about those, then he is making something better in his head (the house, the computer, the heating system). Oh, you predictable people! How do you live with yourselves?

Celine said...

I'll have to google The biggest looser to make sure I know what you're talking about! lol