Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Irish Temper

So, I've come to notice that the public schools around here celebrate St Patrick's Day for weeks in advance. It's almost as big a holiday as Christmas, and I guarantee it will be celebrated way more than Easter. So I began thinking about why this is. Tonight I've discovered why.

I am Irish. Not full blooded by any means, but enough to be able to claim it. I have subtle red highlights in my hair and the temper to prove my Irish-ocity. I know it's hard to believe, especially by those of you that I've been close to, but I have a bit of a temper. I know! You're thinking, "You? Shelly? Really?!?" Yes. When I get like this, I hate everyone and everything and I will gladly commit murder. It takes every ounce of control I can possibly muster to not yell at the stupid people all around me. And everyone around me is stupid when I get like this. Not just the people at Walmart--I didn't even go there today, I can only imagine what might have happened there.

Back to my point. The reason St Patrick's Day is so widely celebrated is because if you don't celebrate it, some Irishman is going to frickin' punch in you in the face.

One of the few things that made me laugh today was this Youtube.




I like Charlie. I wish I were as cute as him to get away with biting someone annoying me.

2 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

Ooohh, I have "Irish" days too. Today was one. I fought it and I fought it hard, but man that anger is hard to control. Kickboxing and Racquetball help me.

colds1 said...

Do you remember the group Presidents of the United States? They had a song our senior year of high school called "Peaches." That's my angry song. I put it on, yell it a few times, and dance my anger out. Sometimes it evens works!