Friday, April 16, 2010

Biggest Loser Prep

I think we've got a small amount of interest in this, but just one person playing along will help me get going. Here are the details of our own weight loss competition. Anyone is invited to join at anytime. We're just going to begin officially this coming Sunday.

Ready?

Here we go!

The Competition:

1. This will last 12 weeks. Our final weigh-in will be July 10. We're going to have a Half-Way check-in on May 29, the six week mark. That way we can re-motivate if necessary.

2. Eat healthily, exercise according to your schedule, and drink plenty of water.

3. Whoever loses the highest percentage of weight by July 10 will be the winner, or the Biggest Loser.

The Rules:

1. You don't have to watch The Biggest Loser to compete. It's going to be over in the next few weeks anyway. But it's a great motivator, if you need one.

2. You must make sure you are eating enough food to be healthy, generally at least 1200 calories/day. No eating disorders allowed.

Helpful Hints:

1. If you do want to track your calories, the best website I've found is sparkspeople.com. You do have to sign up for the site, but it's free. They have suggested meal plans or you can enter your own. You can also make sure you're drinking enough water, track your exercising, and add other goals such as hours of sleep a day or remembering to take a daily vitamin.

2. We will post our percentages lost once a week, probably Saturdays or Sundays. Choose a day of the week to weigh yourself each week. I'm going to post a link to a calculator that figures it out for you, so don't get intimidated by that thought. You won't need to post anything but your percentage, NO REAL WEIGHT TOTALS REQUIRED. But, you're welcome to share if you so desire.

3. Take a picture of yourself this weekend. Something that shows off your current shape. YOU WON'T HAVE TO POST THIS. This is just for you so you can keep track on how your body is changing. Now, if by the end of this you are ecstatic about how you look and want to post the before/after pics, do it. But for now, just do it for yourself.

4. Measure yourself. Measure your chest, waist, and hips. Again, YOU WON'T HAVE TO POST THIS. But, as an additional help, check out -----> this link <----- to get a beginning calculation of your body fat. We'll be using the weight percentage for the competition, but I reserve the right to add the amount of body fat lost anytime during the competition.

5. Have fun! Summer is coming and with kids getting out of school, schedules will change and things will be harder to keep routine. Just do your best! Don't get discouraged! We can do this!!

6 comments:

MaggieJo said...

I know we haven't seen each other for... well.. um... it's been a while. I don't even know if you remember me. But I would love to join if that is okay with you. I had baby #3 last July and I still need to lose 30 lbs to get to my goal weight. I haven't been there since my freshman year of college. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in August, so this would really help me do that.

Tara Bennett said...

Somehow I missed the first 'biggest loser' post.

Count me in! I have more than 20 lbs to lose, but I'd still like to be in a competition to help keep me revved up!

I only got into BL this season and I'm hooked. It definitely does motivate me. I don't watch the entire episode, I ff through and watch the highlights. I want Daris or the blonde girl to win. I think their transformations will be most dramatic plus I like them! Of course I also like Sam and Koli - but who wouldn't? Who are you cheering for?

colds1 said...

Can I try for the biggest percentage lost off of my waist alone? Please, please, please!

Lori said...

I guess I need to buy a scale, huh?

Lucky Larson's said...

I am so excited! I am ready (gulp!)

Tara Dawn said...

Ok, let's do this thing!