Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bloggest Loser -- Week 1

Okay, people.





It was our first week of our weight loss competition. Holy cow, could I have had any more temptations thrown at me than I did this week? (BTW, we are most likely delayed in the closing for our house because of the confusion of my maiden/married names. We were promised we wouldn't be charged the usual per diems for closing extensions. We should be signing the papers by next Friday.)



My eating was horrible. My exercising was sporadic. My stress level was HIGH and I justified the poor eating and little time exercising. I had a 1.38% weight loss this week.



So, inspire me. First, go here -----> calculate weight loss.



Next, leave your comment with your percentage weight loss. And, as always, add whatever other comments you have. What were your highs and lows?


Also, to keep it fair, I think we need to have our percentages turned in for the week by Monday evening so we're not getting too far into the week. And, remember, remember, remember this first weight you are entering. It will be the weight we'll use at our halfway check-in and our final weigh in.

Now, to some fun stuff. If you're watching The Biggest Loser, what are some of your calls for the Final Four? I'm not decided on this one yet. But, I love Sam and Koli. Also, I can't wait for make over week. I'd love to see Daris with a new 'do. I really like him too. And, I missed the first half of this last episode due to a DVR issue, but I did tune in soon enough to cry with O'Neal. Really, it's amazing how watching someone else's struggles can put your own into perspective. Do you think Vicky was the right one to vote off? I think she didn't get a chance to really "get" it, but I didn't want Sunshine to go.

And be sure to vote in the poll about exercise. We'll see if I can think of enough things for us to vote on each week.

One final thought (from Josh's cousin's Facebook status):

"I wish I was as thin as I was when I thought I was fat."

8 comments:

Lucky Larson's said...

Holy cow that last sentence is SO true--if only I had my high school body back! I hid behind huge shirts and over sized pants--and i was a size 4-6! What was I thinking!!??

I am impressed with your weight loss...I was totally happy when I weighed in with a 1.43% weight loss.

I think that might be my highest week--but I will keep working at it!
Thanks!!

Tara Dawn said...

Ok, not fair. I had no weight loss at all. I went hiking three days last week and exercised on my stationary bike and then with an abs/legs video three days.

I think I blew it with my eating. I had Chipotle and made brownies and topped them with ice cream. I love to eat! That will always be my vice!

I am hoping for better of myself next week.

As for the Biggest Loser show, I'm sorry, Shell, but the only time I've seen it is with you. You're on your own there.

colds1 said...

Hee hee ... I was pleased with only gaining .98% !

Yes, Vicky needed to go. She was losing just fine at home, she got her chance to say she was on the ranch, and she'll go home and succeed again. It is just too hard to jump into the game play in the middle.

Final four? I don't really care this time around. I don't despise any of them but I don't really love any either. I too am looking forward to make over week. Daris's hair has got to be cut and so does Michael's. I also don't think some of the finale results will be quite as shocking as previously ... these people just started so big. Yeah, they've lost a lot at the ranch, but some of them just can't achieve the extreme skinniness that other seasons have had. Ok, off my soap box ...

RNLambile said...

Okay,
I am starting out as the biggest contestant at a whopping 329.4 pounds! I was doing soooo good this week...until I had time off and Shelly and I went a little nuts with eating out. Needless to say my new weight is 324.5 pounds which equals 1.49% weight loss. If I continue to work up until our next weigh in you all are in trouble!!!

Crisanne said...

Hmm.. I think I need to try harder this week! I may have just about a .41% weight loss. Does that even count? I did watch what I was eating and exercised, until Saturday! Here we go again...

Tara Bennett said...

1.08% is really not bad for my birthday week! I took my birthday off completely... indulged. Loved it. Then got right back on track! I'm sure I could have got a bigger percent of loss if I hadn't indulged on my birthday, but guess what? I'll take the smaller number for a little mental sanity any day!

Thanks for being part of keeping me motivated. Good luck to you and everyone else too! Cheers to lookin good and feelin great!

p.s. that pic in your header is funny and somewhat creepy! Mostly funny, though :)

Pamela said...

1.01% But I think because I mowed part of the lawn today with the push mower and about had a heart-attack. Anywho...LOVE TBL! I like all of the remaining contestants because they seem to be in the right frame of mind about weight loss and not about the $$$. As far as being thin...I'm actually doing better now then High School...(it was a rough time). Thanks for the motivation and good luck this week!

MaggieJo said...

I ran a total of ten miles this week and gain a .56%. I went from 180 to 181. sorry it took so long to get it up here. I weighed in on Sunday