Monday, April 26, 2010

The Darn Dominoes

I cleaned up Matt's room today. I took all of the toys (his room was previously the playroom) and separated them by kid and then boxed those suckers up. It's time for us to begin moving, even if it's taking forever for us to close on this house.

I was having one of those "Bad Mommy" days as it was. You know what I mean. The days when you sit there and think, Why did I sign up for this?


I was finding broken toys, unused toys, dirty toys, toys I'd never seen before. But I was feeling pretty good about my progress. It was slow, but I was making piles throughout the room and getting things done. One of my piles consisted of Cars dominoes. Ever seen these?


Don't buy them. They are possessed.


I found at least one domino in every room of the house today. Then I'd put them in their own pile and turn my back to take care of other toys. By the time I turned back around, a single domino would be 12 inches away from the pile. I'd put it back, scan the area, find nothing else out of place and turn my back again. When I'd come back, guess what? Another domino about 12 inches away from the pile.


I swear, they are possessed....roaming the house of their own accord, making curse words fall out of my mouth. The darn dominoes.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Yes, any kind of domino, monopoly house/hotel piece, or trivial pursuit wedge is possessed! I have had it with games in our house!

Have fun packing!

Lori said...

Wish I could come help you. Especially yesterday. I just sat on my behind. I need a life.

Hope packing goes smooth for you. Love ya!

Tara Dawn said...

Who was the wacko that bought those for Matt? Man, you need to tell that cool Aunt Tara, I mean, that inconsiderate person what I nightmare possessed toys are!