Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's A Small World After All

Tonight I took the kids to the Groom's/Rehearsal Dinner for Josh's cousin. His cousin Breanna is getting married tomorrow in the Mesa AZ Temple.

It was a great reunion, although Josh had to work. We saw Josh's mom, his aunts and uncles, some cousins. It was fun. Millie was introduced to everyone and several people recognized the girls from their pictures well enough to tell them apart in person. That may not seem like a big deal, but you'd be surprised how often the two of them are confused. I was impressed.

I was also reunited with my former Visiting Teaching companion from about nine years ago. Josh and I lived in Mesa not long after we were married and that's where I met Michelle. Like I said, we were partnered together to visit certain sisters in our ward. She had just had her third child and I was pregnant with Emma. I approached her and we visited for a minute or two. She said she remembered me, but I'm pretty sure she was just being polite. But it's funny to come across someone from the past.

Oh, and just an update on my nephew Brayden. Thanks for all of your prayers. My SIL reports that he's doing much better and eating well. He should be able to go home within the next few weeks. Hooray!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm glad the girls were identified as themselves. Tara and I use to get mixed up all the time too. And we aren't as close in age. Also glad that you got to see so much family.

Yeah. It is weird to meet up with someone from your past...