Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Ether 12:27
This verse was mentioned in church today. It goes along very well with how I've been feeling lately. It's one of the reasons I want to truly push myself to lose weight. And be a better mom. And keep my house cleaner. And be a better wife.
It seems my weaknesses stare me right in the face quite often. And I want to win and overcome those weaknesses. I will stare back at them and see who blinks first. Unfortunately, having a staring contest with your weaknesses is like having a staring contest with a statue. I keep losing.
I'm tired of losing. I'm going to start working on some of the things I know I can improve and pray for the ability to discover the things I don't yet understand. With Heavenly help, faith, humility and work, I'll be the woman (including mom and wife) I want to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's an awesome scripture. In so many ways I want to be stronger as well.
Our unspoken theme in church on Sunday was about prayer (cause mainly the RS lesson) but Sacrament also had that topic. D&C 10:5 was mentioned a lot. Having a prayer in our hearts daily is like an invisible sword that we can use to fight against Satan. We will constantly be "poking" him away and our lives will be better.
I know prayers are answered, and I have faith that yours, and ours will be answered to our benefit. The only way we can teach others is through our experiences. Although, thinking about it now, sometimes I wish we didn't have to "experience" some things! lol!
I hope you have a great week!