Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stressed To The Gills!!!

Things are slowly coming together for the house. S.L.O.W.L.Y. I appreciated Michelle's comment about David's letter about his legal name. You'll never guess what the biggest problem is. MY NAME!!!

Evidently, it is impossible for the government (because we are, unfortunately, trying to use a government financing program to buy this house) to figure out that I got married and changed my name. And it was legal too.

Yesterday I sent them a letter explaining that I legally changed my name when I married -- almost exactly 11 years ago!! It's not like we just got married a year or two ago. It's been ELEVEN YEARS!!

Today I had to give them a copy of my Social Security card. What's tomorrow? Our marriage license? Witness statements from our parents? A DNA sample?

I'm also upset because our tax return is being delayed. We don't need it for the closing of the house, but it sure was going to be nice to do several things around our new home before we moved in. Now they'll have to wait a while longer.

Today the government is not my friend. So glad we don't have to rely on them for every aspect of our lives.... {Insert your own witty, sarcastic retort here.}

5 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

This is not funny.
but still... hahahahaha
I've heard some funny things on CSPAN since I married Clint.
Government is a black hole of waste, redundancy, counterproductivity, and other intelligence.

Crisanne said...

I feel like I just went through something quite similar. I was trying to become the sole name on a teeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy- not worth all the stamps I used to send info in- piece of stock that my parents bought for me when I was just tiny. It has been in both my father's and my name. First I had to fax them a request to change my mailing address: "Please send all future correspondence for Dean D. Briggs, Cust., Crisanne Briggs to this address... in care of Crisanne Durrant." Included in the fax was a copy of my birth certificate, (to show I was no longer a minor) and a marriage certificate to prove who Crisanne Durrant was. On top of that I then needed to mail in a tax form, a request to be the sole name on the account and again the same birth certificate and marriage certificate. Then the multiple phone calls began. "Yes, my mailing address is a PO Box." No I do not rent in some strange place, my small town has only 1 mail person and they don't deliver mail. You must drive to the center of town (which isn't much... It boasts an elementary school and a Maverick) to pick up your mail each and every day. If you don't pick up your mail one day, and your box is too full, you get irate notes from the aforesaid mail person about how you should rent a bigger box. (yes, they charge you for those boxes... ironic isn't it? Before I moved here I got my mail delivered to my front step for free, now they charge me to drive to their location to pick it up.) I digress...
Dont' you love all the different paperwork, forms, tax ID's and all the statements they require, which basically say the same thing.

Lori said...

We do all know that you are secretly NOT Shelly Lynds Williams Johnson. I mean. Come on. Who could come up with that name?

Sorry it's so hard right now.

colds1 said...

I think many people, in general, are just stupid (I'm a cranky pregnant person though). I've run into issues between the whole Cynthia/Cindy thing before. And they are so afraid of something coming back to bite them in the rear that they need paperwork documenting that they need paperwork to document!

Oh, and I'm with Lori, if YOU were going to make up a name, it would be much more flowery!

Lucky Larson's said...

the only good thing about stress is that it helps you loose weight!
I know stupid, but true.

Speaking of which do have that website for calculating % of weight lost?

Thanks--hope all is better now!!