Saturday, May 9, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

I know everyone has been freaked out by 'Fess Up Friday not appearing yesterday. Calm down, it's okay. I chose to take the day off and spend it with my hubby. In case you're new, yesterday was our anniversary and we spent the whole day together. I even took the day off from working out. That's how much I love Josh.

Anyway, this week has been soooo frustrating. I started P90X on Monday. I got nothing done all week because the work outs are so time consuming and I had lots of other commitments outside of home. (Today my house is getting cleaned if it KILLS me--and the rest of my family.) It's taking a lot of time and I don't seem to keep my heart rate up as well because I have to stop and watch what they're doing because otherwise I don't know what the moves are because many of them are different than Power 90. I'm not too happy so far--Kayleen, you are a rock star for being able to do this program! I'll give it another week or so before I choose a new approach for my weightloss. Plus (and I complained about this on Facebook already) the day you do the yoga, you do it for an hour and a half! I don't have an hour and a half of quiet time to keep doing Downward Dog over and over and over again! It's not fitting into my life very well so far. Oh, and Tony Horton had some prettying-up done to himself between Power 90 and P90X. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe his eyebrows have been waxed and some Botox. Not quite sure.

I also began running this week. I thought I remembered that the water tower near our house was just over half a mile away, so I ran there and back. I was satisfied with running a mile in 16 minutes, considering I hadn't run since high school. Then later when I drove the route I discovered that the tower is actually .8 miles away, so I actually ran just over a mile and a half in 16 minutes. I was ecstatic about that. I'm definitely excited about running. I enjoy running, it makes me feel good, and the kids can't come with me. Ahhh, the perfect exercise.

How'd you do this week?

3 comments:

Kayleen said...

I can't say that I blame you for not enjoying the yoga, I usually skip it. We started walking instead. And I don't have a little one to keep track of. Well, I do, but not near as little as yours. I have also done it long enough that I mostly have them all memorized (the video's) I think that you will like it if you can get some alone time to just get it done. I don't think that running is a bad idea, but if you have to wait for the hubby to be home, that might not be as often as you would like.

I did really well this week. I didn't work out yesterday, I had kids here, that I was babysitting, and I have a cold that made me not want to do anything. But I got it done today! I think that my motivation has finally returned, thanks to you! Good luck this week! you can do it!

Tara Dawn said...

I'm totally impressed that you started running again. I remember you liking it and being in track in school. I would love to run, but can't because of my wonderful, painful knees. Just doing some lower resistance exercise videos kill them.

I exercised really well this week, especially considering I had a major project due in my accounting class as well as my math final. Thursday I had to leave work early for my acct. class and got home from that during the time the boys take naps at the sitter. So, I went home and exercised! And normally I do only 10-15 min, but this week I've done 30 and I can tell I have burned a lot more calories.

I've been able to diet since I'm not nursing anymore. Protein shakes for breakfast and either a shake or salad for lunch for the most part. I've been starving, but slowly my tummy is getting used to not as much food as normal. I'm also really considering getting into Herbalife again. I lost a lot of weight on their program before.

Next week I think Jabon and I are going to start to exercise together in the evenings. That will be fun!

Crisanne said...

Hey Shelly! You've done a much better job than I have this week! I did work out 4 days this week, and have started cutting back on the snacks. I have to just keep reminding myself that just because I want to eat a snack, does not necessarily mean I need one! Thanks for the encouragement!