Friday, May 15, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

I'm down. I've been working really hard, but I'm seeing no difference on the scale or in my measurements. I've run three times this week. It would've been more, but my knees need a little break. The only hope I seem to have is that the look of my body is shifting.

At the beginning of the week I was thinking about how I needed to stick with the workouts because doing them a second time helped me feel more comfortable with them. So, I figured my motivational-issue was all in my attitude. And it probably still is. I'm just upset that I'm working so hard and seeing no written results. Ugh!

My weightloss stymie might also be due to the fact that I've rearranged my eating habits. I was doing small meals through the day and getting my allotted calories, so that meant that I was eating more at night than during the day. Now, I eat more calories during the day. It's really boosted my energy, which is the good thing. But I'm fighting so many cravings at night that that might be why I'm not losing as much weight. The frustration of getting yourself healthy after years of letting yourself go to pot!!!

My cousin Jon introduced me to mapmyrun.com. I'm using it for my running and it's a pretty cool website. If you're interested in running, I suggest using it to help you get started. You can send me a friend request. I don't know the benefit of that yet, but it's an option. I did learn that my run this morning burned about 200 calories. I think it's kinda cool.

Enough about me...how'd you do? Any suggestions or inspirational stories? I could use them about now.

6 comments:

Kayleen said...

You can do it! You have already worked hard, that proves it! Sometimes though, it helps me if I take a break for a week or so, and then get back to it.

I worked hard this week! I ran/walked every day but thursday, and did my p90x 2 days too! I sure was tired those days.

You will find your motivation! It's worth it in the end. My SIL said one time that "skinny feels better than "that" tastes".

Crisanne said...

Shelly, just keep with it! Believe me, you don't want to be in this habit of working out and trying to eat healthy and then just let it go! Unfortunately I've been there and done that... it stinks!

As far as the night cravings go, I'm not quite sure what to do. I seem to be fighting that battle between lunch and the time the kids get home from school. Some days I give in and then I'm not even hungry for dinner, so it totally messes me up.

You've really motivated me. I worked out every day this week but Sunday, and I've lost about 1.5 lbs. Nothing really on inches yet. Now comes the hard part... doing it again next week, and the next, and the next.... I've just got to stick to it!

Kayleen said...

Sometimes it helps to brush your teeth. I know that seems silly, but it helps. And biggest loser says to chew a piece of gum. That helps me if I am craving something sweet and have the watermelon gum on hand.

Tara Dawn said...

I feel the same as you do, Shelly. Jabon and I worked out 4 times this week and the scale showed I am up 3 lbs! I definitely look and feel better, so I've got to tell myself that it is probably muscle. It is such a bummer, though, to work so hard and not see a difference in numbers. I guess we shouldn't count so heavily on that stupid little scale!

Tara Bennett said...

For my nightly cravings, I go straight for the edamame - pure protein. They sell them in frozen packages at Walmart, then you just throw in the microwave for 5 minutes and voila. I put lemon and grind sea salt on them - and oh my I'm in heaven!

Keep up the good work and inspiration. My pounds are coming off - slowly. You have inspired me to keep at it!

Jeri Dawn said...

Oh Tara I love edamame! And Shelly keep your chin up! Remember how much better you feel now than you did six months ago. Fat is not fun. As for the running...if you can get up to 5-7 miles then it actually gets pretty fun and it starts to pay off too! Way to go with the calorie counting! You make me proud woman!