Friday, May 29, 2009

'Fess Up Friday

Has anyone seen my ankles? I seem to have misplaced them about nine years ago or so. Maybe I left them in Arizona when we lived there. Then the fat demons can take the "cankle" things back. I don't need them anymore!

How did your week go? Mine was somewhat productive...

This is my fourth week doing P90X, but I was so out of it for the first three weeks I almost considered just starting over again. That probably wouldn't have been a bad idea. But as it is, I did my fourth week's workout, which was supposed to be "recovery." There is no laziness in P90X, so recovery just means you don't do any major weightlifting. I upped my cardio, though, since I wasted so much of last week trying to experiment. I even tried the Plyometrics workout (which is basically jumping around). It was kind of fun, but I always enjoy cardio more than I enjoy weightlifting. I've lost the pounds I stupidly gained last week and just a little more. If I could continue to lose 3 lbs a week, I'd be a very happy camper.

I only ran once this week and that was because of time not because of pain. My knees are finally starting to heal--thank you everyone for your suggestions with that one!

I do feel that I've been increasing my calorie burning around the house. Today I'm creating a playroom for the kids, so that will burn off some energy. Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time in YEARS. I'm very proud of myself. That used to be one of my Saturday jobs. I've never really minded mowing. It was the raking grass afterward that I hated. Luckily, times (and mowers) have changed. But I do understand a bit more as to why Josh wants to get a bigger mower. Doing our yard (about 1/4 acre) with a push mower sucks. It's do-able, but it sucks.

How'd you do?

3 comments:

Kayleen said...

I don't think that I commented last week... what is up with that? Anyway. This week I made the exercise commitment every day this week, and ran/walked at least 1 mile each day, most days more like 3-5. One of these days I am going to suck it up and run farther than 2 miles straight. one day. Good for you. It sounds like you are getting to like the p90x better. It is easier to do it with someone, or so I think, maybe you can find a partner, and then show her how well you kick butt!

Lori said...

I bought a new yoga video yesterday and tried it today. Now my neck and upper shoulder muscles hurt. He did some moves that I've never seen before but really want to be able to do. I'm hoping this sore neck is not going to kick me out of the habit again. I always liked yoga and am glad that I found a video that I may actually enjoy.

Tara Dawn said...

Well I wanted this to be my Week 1 in Slim in 6, which requires 6 daily workouts a week for 6 weeks, hence the 6. This week, though, I renamed it: Slim in 2 for Life.(I only worked out twice this week) It feels like I am making no progress whatsoever! And the crappy thing is school starts up again on Monday and it's so hard for me to commit to exercising during school! If I can do the Slim in 6 program correctly, than I should look killer the next time we are all together, because that is only 6-7 weeks away.

I re-signed up to distribute Herbalife so I could buy their shakes again, since I like them much more than SlimFast or any other shake product I've had. They showed up Thursday, so since yesterday (Friday) I'll be doing a shake for breakfast and lunch.