Friday, May 1, 2009

'Fess Up Friday--Fiesta Style

Okay, everyone. Here it is...

Day 90!!

I can't believe I've been working on this for 90 days. This feels very good--finishing something I've started. I usually finish what I start, except for getting myself into shape. Why is it that I give 100% to almost every commitment I make, except to myself? I must be a mother.


I've decided to approach today with the idea of a party, a celebration if you will, for the work I've done so far because it is too easy for me to focus on the work I have left to do. So, my glass is half-full today. I think.

There are a couple things I need to do for the next stretch of 90 days:

-I need to drink more water. Lots more.
-I need to use more muscle confusion exercises. I've been doing the same routine for the last two months, and I've been hitting a plateau lately. Time to change things up.

But enough about what I'll do next week (one of my friends has p90x and I may get to borrow it, I hope!). Here's how all of this has gone the last several months. I've been counting my beginning weight as what I weighed when we moved to Montana since that's when I originally started my weightloss journey. I took nearly a year hiatus by being pregnant (imagine that), but I think it's still important to recognize that I didn't quit that original resolution, it was just on hold for a while.

So, here are my stats:

{No picture available. Fatties don't like photos.}
January 1, 2008
Weight 190 lbs


February 14, 2009
Weight 177 lbs



May 1, 2009
Weight 159 lbs


That means that I have lost 16% of my body weight. Wow. That sounds kind of good. I just wish the pictures looked as good as the mirror makes me think I look. But, this is a party! Let's be happy!! I also have to remember that since I began Power 90 we've had Valentines, Disney vacation, Easter, Emma's birthday, MIL stress, Mom's birthday, and that I'm still nursing. It's slow progress, but it's progress.

I've also lost a total of 19 inches in my bust, waist, hips, arms, and legs.

This is all great, but I can't help but think of the progress I've made since Millie was born. This is me the day before Millie was born.



Yeah, my thought is, "Thar she blows!" I'm wearing the only pants that fit me--Josh's elastic waisted scrub pants that he has to tie to keep on. They're not tied on me. Not included in the above inches is the fact that I've lost 13" around my belly button since that day.

Now, because this is a party, we need to have some sort of treat. Our Sonic has not been built yet, so for all of you that have a Sonic nearby, do me a favor and get a Diet Cherry Limeade for me. And I'll go drink my water, (sarcastic) yum.

So, now my challenge to you is this: I've still got 27 lbs to go in the next 4 1/2 months. If you've lost steam or are just getting started or are still kicking butt, let's do this together. I don't plan to fail, I hope you don't either. We'll work together and check in with each other each week.

Let's Do It!!

9 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Shelly....

You.

Are.

AMAZING!

I'm so impressed at your progress! Thanks for the reminder that it is slow. I swear, I'm one of those people who wants to weigh myself before running on the treadmill, then after running on the treadmill for, oh 15-20 minutes, I want to weigh myself again and see significant results! And when I don't, I get discouraged and hit the burger joint on my way home from the gym.

Sadly, this is true and I'm not joking. But 90 days and 6 months - those are good and realistic goals to see dramatic improvements. And your changes are definitely dramatic! Woo hoo! You've officially inspired me!

colds1 said...

MyLanta!!! Could you have carried Millie any more in front of you?

I'm following your lead so keep dragging my jealous butt along! And I'll toast you as I sip a Diet Cherry Limeade and eat my unbuttered popcorn tonight!

And I forgot . . . WAHOOOOOO for you!

Lori said...

Isn't it amazing the transformations our bodies go through to give birth! SHEESH!!!

My dear sister, you...look...AMAZING!!! You have worked really hard, and I don't like to say that I'm proud of anything, BUT, I'm proud of you sis!!!!!

Florrie said...

Shelly.....you look AWESOME! Can I just say that even more than the weight loss (which is a wonder in and of itself) the fact that you stuck with something for that amount of time makes me want to re-evauluate my personal goals and kick it into gear. I can see a DEFINITE difference between the before and after pics.
I'm like Tara. I want immediate results. I am going to take a page from your book. Congrats again and keep up the good work.....maybe I'll be joining you along the way....

Crisanne said...

Shelly! You are fantastic! And, you look amazing! I was such a wimp after having a c-section that I didn't want to even attempt working out! I just can't believe at how great you look! I have to admit, I was working hard through February and the first part of March, then I caught a cold (for only a few days), but that was enough to kick my exercise habit. Now I've got to get it in gear! My little sister is getting married June 12, and I want to lose 5 lbs by then. I have 6 weeks. Hmm... not an outrageous goal. I hope I can be as dedicated about this as you have been!

Kayleen said...

HOORAY FOR YOU!!! you are AMAZING! I am very proud of you, you look great, and now that we weigh the same, I had better get working harder, I didn't just have a baby, so no excuse for me. And let alone just having had a baby, she was C section too! I did not have the drive to work out that hard after any of my c sections.

I will have you know that I worked hard all week. I did not do the recommended workout today though, but walked 2 miles pushing a 4 year old. I think that was every bit as hard as the p90x. I am planning on Kenpo tomorrow, the recommended workout even though it is saturday, and I haven't done a full 6 days a week work out for some time. Maybe I will finish this 90 days... Don't hold your breath. I think that I would like to fit back into my wedding dress by my anniversary. I think that it is on your birthday. That is only 20 or so lbs by sept... cross your fingers! I better start counting my points too, and stick to it!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Way to go! I haven't worked out since having Jackson, honestly I'm lazy and I feel like I'm way too busy although I know I could fit it in somehow. Where do you find the time? And when I do have down time (baby asleep, Jasper in bed) i want to do anything but exercise. My family is getting me a jogging stroller for my birthday next week, so I'm hoping that will help me fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Merinda Reeder said...

Yeah, girl, you look GREAT. I hope I can keep up.
For my week 2, I had 4 workout mornings, and made up my 5th pushing a stroller and wearing a baby around the local lake. (1.5 miles)
I'm not working out hard enough to weigh in weekly yet. I bought a knee brace this week because my running muscles are too wobbly.

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!