Thursday, May 14, 2009

Movie Challenge Answers Revealed

Alrighty, here are the answers to the movie trivia challenge. How many did you get right?

1. The Dark Knight
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

2. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay.
3. Oceans 11

Why do this? //Why not do it? Cause yesterday I walked out of the joint after losing four years of my life and you're cold-decking "Teen Beat" cover boys. Cause the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes. The house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet and you bet big, then you take the house. //Been practicing this speech, haven't you? //Little bit. Did I rush it? Felt I rushed it. //No, it was good, I liked it. The "Teen Beat" thing was harsh.

4. Quigley Down Under


You know, if we're lost, you can tell me. //We're lost. //I can take bad news. Just tell me straight. //I don't know where the hell we are. // No sense takin' time to make it sound better than it is. // I reckon we're goin' in circles. // Wire things up and I'll see right through. So, just tell me honestly. Are we lost? // Nope. I know exactly where we are. //That's good, 'cause, frankly, I was gettin' a little worried.


5. Wild Hogs


You're the sheriff, aren't you going out there? //Hey, I took my law enforcement course on the internet! For arms training they just told us to play Doom!



6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off


...This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.



7. Hercules

He comes on with his big, innocent farm boy routine, but I could see through that in a Peloponnesian minute.


8. Sleepless in Seattle

Your destiny can be your doom. Look at me and my Rick.


9. The Bachelor

As my last surviving descendant, you have a sacred duty to pass on my genetic material. //That's a lovely sentiment.


10. Big Fish

People needn't worry so much. It's not my time yet. This is not how I go.//Really? //Truly. I saw it in the eye. //The old lady by the swamp? //She was a *witch*. //No, she was old and probably senile. //I saw my death in that eye, and this isn't how it happens. //So how does it happen? //Surprise ending. Wouldn't want to ruin it for you.

11. Mona Lisa Smile

1879, Lesco, France, dates back to 10 000 BC, singled out because of the flowing lines depicting the movement of the animal. //Impressive. Name? //"Herd of Horses." //I meant yours. //We call her Flicka.

12. Bedazzled

Mayo-nayo-naise. Swimming by the sandy shore, dancing up among the waves, dolphin, dolphin I adore everything you are. You're so much more than a fish to me, my playful friend beneath the sea. [making dolphin noise] ee, ee, ee, ee, ee, ee, ee, ee, ee, ee.



13 Clue
I hated her, so much... it-it- the f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breath...


14. A Knight's Tale

Oi sir, what are you doing? //Uh... trudging. You know, trudging? [pause] To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on. //Uhhh... were you robbed? //[laughs] Funny really, yes, but at the same time a huge resounding no. It's more of an... involuntary vow of poverty... really.

I've realized that I have a few themes running here. Most of these movies are comedies. Two star Heath Ledger (I miss him!). Some of these movies I've been quoting for years. My usual Sleepless line is "Oh really...now we're getting down to it." Love Rosie in the movie. I also love Ewan McGregor. I don't think I've seen anything I didn't like him in. Ever seen Down With Love? Cute. And, the Easter Bunny brought us Hercules. That's why I watched that one. Fun. Good times.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I've seen them all. I just couldn't pinpoint 4 of the. I like those. Do another!!

colds1 said...

I'm with Lori . . . do another one! There are 6 of those I haven't ever seen and one I watched once a long time ago.