Thursday, May 28, 2009

Movie Solutions

Here are the solutions to the movie trivia. Sorry it ended up being difficult. I guess it seems easy when you create it since you're staring at the answers! I'm glad the premise was understandable. I was afraid I hadn't explained it very well.

So, the main movie that inspired the offshoots for the other quotes:

Oceans 13
The Nose Plays! // Oh, the nose plays. //The nose plays.
So, here we go...
1. Brad Pitt as Rusty
Mr and Mrs Smith
as Mr John Smith
How many? Ok... I'll go first, then. I don't keep exact count, but I'd say, uh, high 50s, low 60s. I mean, I know I've been around the block an all, but... // 312. // What? How? // Some were two at a time.
(Conversation between Mr and Mrs Smith)

George Clooney as Danny
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
as Everett
You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin! //Who was fixin' to betray us. // You didn't know that at the time. //So I borrowed it until I did know. //That don't make no sense!
(Conversation between Everett and Pete)


Matt Damon as Linus
The Brothers Grimm
as Will Grimm
Exactly what am I enduring here? Can someone please tell me who gave birth to this? // It's Bavarian blood sausage, with sauerkraut! I gutted the pig myself. // I bet you did.
(Conversation between French leader and Cook)


Elliot Gould as Reuben
The Muppets Take Manhattan
as Policeman in Diner
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it IS "artistic."
(Janice talking to Gonzo)


Eddie Jemison as Livingston
Bruce Almighty
as Bobby (Sandwich guy at News Station)
Well, man from health department say he find rat pellet in pastry but I say no, is big chocolate sprinkle, but he shut store down. So we clean up, make big cookie for to bring customers back. //Let's try that again, shall we?
(Conversation between Bruce and Cookie Lady)


Don Cheadle as Basher
Family Man
as Cash (the Angel)
Do you like kids? // On a case-by-case basis. // Do you know how to make chocolate milk? // I think I could figure it out. // Promise you won't kidnap me and my brother and plant stuff in our brains? // Sure. // Welcome to earth.
(Conversation between Nicholas Cage and the daughter)


Scott Caan as Turk
Gone in 60 Seconds
as Tumbler
Are you alright? // I think so... // Are you sure? 'Cause, you just went through a wall.
(Conversation between the cop that couldn't act his way out of a paperbag and a cop played by a extra)


Bernie Mac as Frank
Madagascar 2: Escape 2 Africa
as Zuba (Ben Stiller's Dad)
Hey, surprise, freaks! I am coming with you! // Oh ho ho, no, thank you. // Oh, *yes*, thank you. It is *my* plane!
(Conversation between the Lemur Leader and Ben Stiller--the Lion)


Carl Reiner as Saul
The Jerk
as Carl Reiner
I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches...
(Steve Martin's character and the funniest line in the entire movie)


Ellen Barkin as Abby
Drop Dead Gorgeous
as Annette (Kirsten Dunst's mom)
My mom never hid the fact that my dad chose his career over us. What was it she always said? //Once a carnie, always a carnie. // Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.
(Conversation with Kirsten Dunst and her mom's friend Loretta)


David Paymer as the VUP (Hotel Evaluator)
City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold
as Ira Shalowitz (one of the ice cream brothers)
All right, now the sun sets in the East, right? // No! The sun sets in the West. // That's if your *in* the East, but we are way out West now, so we are past where the sun sets. // You can't be *passed* where the sun sets, and if you think you can, then I am directly South of an idiot! // Which is down! //Right!
(Conversation between Billy Crystal and his brother played by Jon Lovitz)
So, there you have it. How many do you know now? I bet more than you thought you did!

2 comments:

colds1 said...

Ahh, see! I've only seen City Slickers 2 once and that was probably a year or two after it came out. And I've never managed to pay attention to all of The Muppets Take Manhattan. I haven't seen the others! Someday I'll broaden my movie viewing! Even though I sucked this time, if you are bored and wanna do it again . . . I'm always up for a game!

Lori said...

Me too. I like this game. Even though I didn't do very good. I either hadn't seen some of them in a long time, or haven't seen them. Do it again though sometime. It's fun trying to think of them.