Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More Movie Mania

Back by popular demand (more or less)...

Name That Movie!
There's one movie that I've watched about 100 times recently. It's been in the laptop, so we turn it on at night but fall asleep before we finish it. So we turn it on during the day, but have to leave and do things before we finish it. Even when I bypass the first few chapters, I still don't get to see the whole thing. So, I've decided to use it as the basis for this Movie Trivia game. Last time I did this as a pick-me-up. I'm feeling pretty darn good right now, so it's now just to have fun for fun's sake. Always a good reason for a game.
So, before I give the movie away completely, can you name this movie by this quote alone...
The Nose Plays! // Oh, the nose plays. //The nose plays.
One of my favorite quotes from the whole movie which is riddled with clever quips and celebrities galore. So, to have fun with those celebrities, I'm taking some of them and giving you quotes from other movies those celebs have appeared in. Maybe they starred, maybe it was just a cameo. Maybe they said the line, maybe not. As a bonus, can you name the actor in the main movie and the trivia movie? (Hint: These are some of my favorite movies.) Have fun!
1. How many? Ok... I'll go first, then. I don't keep exact count, but I'd say, uh, high 50s, low 60s. I mean, I know I've been around the block an all, but... // 312. // What? How? // Some were two at a time.
2. You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin! //Who was fixin' to betray us. // You didn't know that at the time. //So I borrowed it until I did know. //That don't make no sense!
3. Exactly what am I enduring here? Can someone please tell me who gave birth to this? // It's Bavarian blood sausage, with sauerkraut! I gutted the pig myself. // I bet you did.
4. Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it IS "artistic."
5. Well, man from health department say he find rat pellet in pastry but I say no, is big chocolate sprinkle, but he shut store down. So we clean up, make big cookie for to bring customers back. //Let's try that again, shall we?
6. Do you like kids? // On a case-by-case basis. // Do you know how to make chocolate milk? // I think I could figure it out. // Promise you won't kidnap me and my brother and plant stuff in our brains? // Sure. // Welcome to earth.
7. Are you alright? // I think so... // Are you sure? 'Cause, you just went through a wall.
8. Hey, surprise, freaks! I am coming with you! // Oh ho ho, no, thank you. // Oh, *yes*, thank you. It is *my* plane!
9.I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair. [walking outside] And I don't need one other thing, except my dog. [dog barks] I don't need my dog.
10. My mom never hid the fact that my dad chose his career over us. What was it she always said? //Once a carnie, always a carnie. // Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.
11.All right, now the sun sets in the East, right? // No! The sun sets in the West. // That's if your *in* the East, but we are way out West now, so we are past where the sun sets. // You can't be *passed* where the sun sets, and if you think you can, then I am directly South of an idiot! // Which is down! //Right!
So, have fun and good luck! I'll post the answers in a few days.

4 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

I don't know ANY of them, but they are funny just like this. Imagine professional delivery, makeup, and context.

colds1 said...

Yeah, um, #7 might sound familiar. Are these independent films?

Lori said...

1. (this is MY movie)...Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Brad Pitt & Angelina
2.Oh, brother where art thou?, movie name is Pete, and George Clooney
3.Brother's Grimm, The bad guy. He's kinda like Napoleon.
4.
5.Bruce Almighty, the bakery lady
6.Family Man, Nicholas Cage and the little girl
7.-11. I don't know. Some sound familiar but I can't place them. Dang it. I was excited too.

Mrs. Bennett said...

um, NO IDEA. I'm very impressed with this movie trivia. And you would die if you saw present day Clinton. Completely unrecognizeable.