Monday, November 15, 2010

#15 I'm Thankful For.....

I know I've told this story before, but it's a good one.

The day Abby was born, she made sure the world knew it.  My labor had slowed and my doctor thought he had enough time to go assist in a c-section with another doctor.  I was put on pitocin and in less than an hour I knew it was time.  I told Josh who told the nurse.  She came in to check me out and started to freak out.  Yep, Abby was on her way but my doctor was still down the hall in the OR. 

So the nurse ran and grabbed some kid in the hallway.  I think he may have been a doctor, but I'm not 100% sure.  The nurses threw a gown on him.  As they tried to fit his fingers on his right hand into a glove, his left hand kind of held a glove in some sort of finger-tip-protection position. 

Meanwhile, I could feel Abby coming.  I mean, she was a-comin'!  I kept saying, "She's coming!  She's coming!!!"  And the nurse and boy-doctor kept saying back to me, "Don't push!  Don't push!!!"  To which I responded, "I can't help it!  I can't help it!!!"  The boy-doctor held that glove with his fingertips and I think he held it against her crowning head to try to keep Abby from just shooting out. 

This is my Abby.  She has always been a full force girl.  She makes me crazy but I love her so much.  She wants to be her own person, so it's an amazing compliment when she tries to dress like me or read when I do.  She's smarter than she gives herself credit for.  (She's a lot like her dad in that way.)  She's a force to be reckoned with.  She has a good heart and she can be very loving and caring when she wants to be.  She's a wonderful daughter and I'm excited (and scared to death) for her to grow into the beautiful young woman she desires to be.

I'm thankful for my Abby Lynn.

No comments: