Monday, November 22, 2010

#22 I'm Thankful For.....

I was thinking about what I've written about and realized I hadn't written about my one and only son yet!  How could I nearly miss that???

Matthew is a laid back and easy going kid.  He loves to laugh and have fun.  He has a big smile that lights up the room.

All of these are good qualities and important for him to possess.  Sometimes you see someone and their challenges and think, "Wow, they have so much they are going through.  They must be a strong person."

And sometimes you look at someone you know and love so well and think, "Wow, if anyone can endure this challenge, it's you." 

This is how I feel about Matt and his heart condition.  I don't know anyone who could so patiently handle the trials Matt has.  He sits so quietly in the lobby of the doctor's office waiting for his check up.  He also so quietly has laid in his bed after having his heart literally in the surgeon's hands.

He is a good brother and uses this same patience with his sisters.  And goodness knows he puts up with a lot from them!

Matt is a loving, happy boy and I'm so happy to have him in our family.  I tuck him in every night and give him a kiss on his forehead.  He always rubs the spot I've kissed and declares to me, "Mom, I'm rubbing your kiss in!"  He's so sweet. 

I'm thankful for my Matthew Ammon.

No comments: