Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#2 I'm Thankful For.....

I've noticed a sad trend among a few of my friends on Facebook.  About once a month at least one person reports a status of their sadness in regards to divorce.  Either theirs or their parents' divorce.  It really breaks my heart.

But that's not what I'm thankful for.  What I am thankful for is my children's inability to understand what divorce is.  I can't imagine ever living my life without Josh.  I hate the thought of being away from him for a single day.  But as much pain and suffering as voluntarily living without him would cause me, I can't fathom the thought of him living away from our children. 

And what I'm truly thankful for is the fact that I never have to worry about that.  Our children don't see us fight.  Mostly because we don't.  We have our differences, of course, because who doesn't?  But we never yell at each other.  We never call each other names.  We show each other love and respect.  And we constantly strive to be aware of each other and the other person's needs. 

Of course my children don't comprehend divorce.  They have no reason to.  And I'm eternally thankful for that.

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

That's a good one.
May it ever be so.
And for more kids.

Lori said...

Mine are like that too, and I am so greatful for it.