Sunday, November 28, 2010

Going Old School

Ever watch the show "Cake Boss"?  I swear that you can depend on Buddy (the owner of the bakery the show follows) to use the term "old school" at least once an episode. 

It's time for me to go Old School.  It's time for some pictures chronicling our lives.

We spent last Tuesday in St George, UT, with my sister Tara and her family as they became an eternal family.  The St George temple is oldest functioning LDS temple in the world.  It is amazing to think of the craftsmanship that went in to building this temple over 100 years ago.



We got no good shots of Tara and Jabon with our camera, but I loved this one.  It looks like Ashton (the little guy at the bottom of the pic) is telling the paparazzi, "No more pictures, please."


The kids and I had spent the previous five days with our friends.  Here are our children trying to pose for a picture together. 


Trying to pose again.


Trying to pose again.


Thanksgiving morning my sister and I participated in a 5k.  Yes, my second one is less than a week's time.  I'm already becoming a seasoned racer.  Ha ha.  The proceeds from the race went to benefit a young woman we happen to know from church who is fighting a rare form of leukemia. 

Styling.

Josh was so nice to take pictures of us along the way.



I look like I'm walking, but I'm really not.  I promise.

At the end of the race we saw the finish line and I asked Tara if she had enough left to really run to the end.  She said she didn't.  Then we rounded the corner and the girl took off.  Of course, I did what any normal sister would do.  I called her a big liar and then sprinted to make sure she didn't leave me in the dust.  We crossed the finish line together.  And only 49 seconds slower than my brother and I had done just a few days before.


If you can just imagine a bunch of chaos, driving hundreds of miles, some antibiotics, lots of food, and plenty of extended family, then you can grasp an idea of what all the details in between the pictures are. 

It's been a fun and crazy holiday.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hee Hee. LOVE Emma's face in those pictures!