Thursday, November 4, 2010

#4 I'm Thankful For......

Today I'm thankful for Florence Nightingale.

1.  My husband is a nurse.  It's his calling in life.  He's good at it.  He enjoys it.  He thrives on it.  If he has to spend 40 hours a week away from me, nursing is where he should be.

2.  Florence wasn't the pioneer of pharmacology, but she's a nice segue to it.  I'm thankful for medications.  Specifically Children's Tylenol.  I've given doses to three different children today.  And I need to stock up because I have a feeling that I'll need to give a few more doses before the week is over.

3.  And moving along with the medical theme, I'm thankful for modern medicine.  Today I got a postcard reminding me to schedule Matt's next cardio appointment.  Where would he be without incredible doctors, nurses, surgeons, medications, ultrasounds, 2x2 gauze, and pleasant office staff that greet us at the office or on the phone?  Well, we know where he'd be.  And maybe me too.  No one can ever convince me that modern medicine is not a modern day miracle. 

So thank you, Florence Nightingale.  You were an incredible woman and your life has truly affected mine.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sorry the kiddos aren't feeling good. I hope they get better soon.

I am so thankful for modern medicine also. I need my big sister :)

Carina said...

I too am very thankful for modern medicine. I had an extremely scary miscarriage before I had my other kids. Both my parents & husband thought they were going to lose me and the baby that night. Since then I feel like at least twice modern medicine has saved the lives of two of my children. One being very recently with Spencer's infection. Modern medicine truly is a blessing.