Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Thankful For....

There are a lot of things I'm thankful for.  I'm a little late with yesterday being November 1st, but I'm going to try to post something everyday that I'm thankful for until Thanksgiving.

Today I'm thankful for my strong-personality-baby-girl, Millie.

Millie's personality became apparent before she was born.  I didn't have that blessing with the three older kids, but Millie is a bit larger than life at times.

This video is her on a typical day.  She's not nearly as boisterous as usual because of how tired she is.  If I remember right, I caught her on a Sunday afternoon after playing in Nursery at church all morning.


To give you another idea of how strong-willed she is, let me tell you a little story.  The other day I took Millie to the store with me.  It was getting late and, again, she was tired.  Every time we go to the store she asks for the unique carts.  At this particular store, sometimes you can find the carts that look like cars.  We found one and Millie ran to it.  I pushed her around the store getting the items I needed and we finally made it to the check out line.

Insert tired fit HERE. 

Millie began getting out of the car and trying to walk around.  She was bored and wanted to do her own thing.  She didn't like it when I told her she had to stay in her car or I had to hold her.  I just didn't want to lose her in the crowded store.  She wouldn't go back in her car, so I picked her up.  Then she began screaming bloody murder.  The octaves were off the charts.  Heads turned to stare.  Children pointed.  I'm sure I blushed.  But I continued to hold her because I didn't want her to wander off.  And then she started yelling, "He'p!  He'p!  He'p!"  (That means "Help" in case you didn't catch it.)  For crying out loud.  I set her in the front of the cart and within thirty seconds she calmed down and I checked out without any more problems. 

And as much as you're snickering about my baby yelling for help in the middle of the crowded grocery store, just realize that she really is awesome.  I love her liveliness.  I also love when she snuggles next to me on the couch and we watch Curious George together. 

She's loving, loyal, and caring. 

I love her and I'm so thankful Heavenly Father sent her to me.

1 comment:

Lori said...

"He'p!" I LOVE it!! Only because I've been there 3 times. I wanted to underline 3, but couldn't.

You gotta love the ones with their very own personality. Life would be too boring without them. :)